• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tank Bag and Accy's for R65LS

seandaly

This weekend, my wife and I became the proud new owners of a beautiful 1982 R65LS (which is going to be "her" bike, and a backup commuter bike for me when my R1100RT is sprawled across the garage floor in itty bitty pieces! :D ). I have already managed to locate some factory original bags and bag mounts for the bike, but I need a few other things:

1) What is the recommendation for a tank bag? Is there a BMW original tank bag for this bike, or is the consensus to go with an aftermarket bag?

2) I noticed that there are KONI's (renamed "ikon") shocks for these bikes. Is it worth the investment? (I love the Ohlins on my R1100RT :D )

3) What was included in the original tool kit and was there a tire repair kit? I'm not sure if I've got all the tools, etc. for this bike.

4) Any ideas as to whether I can still get original Owner's Manuals for the R65LS? I have the owner's manual, but it about fell apart in my hands it's so old and brittle. Looks like an artifact recovered from the Titanic! :D

Anything else I should know about these bikes as a new owner? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

I just put a set of the IKON's on my R100RS a month or so ago, and like them a lot. They have adjustable preload and damping, and seem to be for the most part identical to the old KONI's.

Owner's Manual is still available and your dealer can look in his/her parts system to determine contents of toolkit. I prefer the BMW Multivario tankbag. It fits.

Back