• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

where have the used F650s gone?

PMARCEL

Is it just me, or does anyone else see a lesser amount of used (and new)
f650s around since the price drop from BMW?
I've been watching the used market for a while, and it seems to me that there have been less offered for sale on all the websites. Any input?

Considering that most sellers were looking for top dollar before the retail price drop I'm not surprised there aren't too many 650's on the market. I bought my '91 K100RS (used) right before the 1100's were introduced, what had been a decent deal was suddenly a lousy one from my stand point. It would have been too big a hit for me to sell it after that.

Traditionally this isn't a good time of year to sell bikes, too many folks are snowed in to want to buy a bike they can't ride right away. Wait until spring. It will be interesting to see how the market adjusts.

Steve

PMARCEL said:
Is it just me, or does anyone else see a lesser amount of used (and new)
f650s around since the price drop from BMW?
I've been watching the used market for a while, and it seems to me that there have been less offered for sale on all the websites. Any input?
Maybe people bought 'em and really like 'em. Maybe people bought 'em and rode for a few months and parked 'em.

woodnsteel said:
Maybe people bought 'em and really like 'em. Maybe people bought 'em and rode for a few months and parked 'em.

Perhaps a combination of both the price hit and the this suggestion too? This is one of the most versatile bikes out there, a perfect daily ride or spare ride for visiting friends and a change-up for other rides. My wife has one and even if she ever gets tired of it, which I doubt, we will probably keep it just because the bike is just too much fun.

Two of them went to Texas ; ) - Big Bend.

Sunshine and mountains trumps snow and flat Kansas.

Voni
sMiling

Attachments

• Stillwell.JPG
    Stillwell.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 255

I've rented a 650GS a few times. If I owned one, I would not sell it. I suspect that most 650s,which are sold, find good homes. Nice bike

Motard
1150GS
R50

Love running on one lung

Love my 2005 650CS and would not part with it. It is light, easy to push around in the garage and just plain fun to ride. I actually traded in an RT1100 which was languishing from lack of use.

Since BMW is no longer manufacturing them and they had a short production run, the 650s will become collector items that much sooner.

I suspect the new parallel twin are being positioned to replace the one lung machines.

Traded my 650 CSA in on a K1200 R

My wonderful 2003 650CSA went to www.bmwor.com or BMW Motorcycles of Western Oregon. As of 2-14-06 it is listed for sale under current inventory or previously owned. I loved my 650 but as I have only one space for a bike and was looking to move up in size I traded it for the K1200 R. It is the wildest best choice I ever made! Hot Dog!!!!

Dean

Is it just me, or does the song "Where have all the flowers gone?" go through your head every time you glance at this thread title?

I know: it's just me. :violin

deansalv said:
My wonderful 2003 650CSA went to www.bmwor.com or BMW Motorcycles of Western Oregon. As of 2-14-06 it is listed for sale under current inventory or previously owned. I loved my 650 but as I have only one space for a bike and was looking to move up in size I traded it for the K1200 R. It is the wildest best choice I ever made! Hot Dog!!!!

Dean

Wow. Now THAT is a step in a different direction. :bikes

Care to offer some more feedback on the new bike, especially compared to the old bike?

I just sold my '97 F650. I think the price drop was enough that most people selling figure it is best to just hold onto it for a spare bike. I had to get rid of one of the three bikes, so the F650 got sold for a song and dance. I had 48k miles on it and still running strong.

SNC1923 said:
Is it just me, or does the song "Where have all the flowers gone?" go through your head every time you glance at this thread title?

I know: it's just me. :violin

Flowers? Flowers? There's no flowers in motorcycling...is there?... :laugh

There's a guy in my club selling his '01 F650GS, 4,200 miles for $5,500. It has ABS, Hand guards and other stuff. If you're interested - PM me and I'll give you more information. Good luck in your search!!

BradfordBenn said:
I think Joe Merlino is selling his, username is jmerlino.
Yes, I am. Please get in touch if you're looking. I really want to sell that thing this year. (It's a 99, in good shape, lots of extras - Corbin seat, Staintune, Jesses, etc.)

As a person who just purchased a used CS 650 (got it registered today and I love it), I can tell you that six people were asking more then I was willing to spend. Four of the CS 650's did not get their minimum bid, and I could not get one person to flex on the price in Cycle trader.

The seller of my motorcycle started off asking a fair price in Cycle Trader, and I did not even negotiate the price. It runs fantastic so I think the odometer was not tampered with at all.

arhodes said:
As a person who just purchased a used CS 650 (got it registered today and I love it), I can tell you that six people were asking more then I was willing to spend. Four of the CS 650's did not get their minimum bid, and I could not get one person to flex on the price in Cycle trader.

The seller of my motorcycle started off asking a fair price in Cycle Trader, and I did not even negotiate the price. It runs fantastic so I think the odometer was not tampered with at all.

You see lots of over priced used beemers. Many people took advantage of BMW's 0% financing. As soon as they take the bike off the lot, they owe more than the bike is worth.

Back