• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2005 Rally in Vegas?

I think Vegas is a great idea. To us southerners, it's not that hot. Really !!!

Last edited:
As another Las Vegas Resident, I have to agree with Bill, but by all means come. At least I won't have to worry about getting time off to finally make a national. I don't know about these "cool zone" fans, but the hottest place in Las Vegas at 2:00 AM is a parking garage. The cement holds the heat all night. Get a room.
This time of year is refered to as "monsoon season" The only time it's less than 100˚ is when there are flash flood warings, and 110˚+ is not uncommon.
But it IS a dry heat.
What a shame it couldn't be April, it's absolutely gorgeous in the spring.

Kidding?

I thought that they were kidding when they promoed W.VA at Trenton. 3 camping areas, a parking garage, Civic Center, shuttlebuses. Never dismiss anyone's ideas.

MarkF

Truth time now guys all kidding aside:it is Winnipeg in 2005.All the amenities,near the border,without the unbearably hot parking garages OR the monsoon.
Get with the program.:bliss

KBasa said:
You guys know we're kidding right?

:D

Damn, Bill and I just cornered the Gatorade and salt tablet concessions! Is there a smiley with egg on it's face?
Anyway, come on out to the Airhead meet in January. Riding's more hospital around here then!

Winnipeg???...Jeez...I hope you are kidding! I spent 5 years there. It's a great place to be FROM!!! I'd take Vegas in July if I was given a choice.

So Kneedragon,they ran you out of Winnipeg and now you diss such a great place?:dunno

Where are you from now?

And anybody but a Vegan (from Vega) That wanted to do anything in Vegas but gamble in air conditioned comfort should be ordered to spend a winter in Winnipeg and like it.

Winnipeg in 2005:clap

I was once sentenced to a week in Winnipeg in late October. It was amazing the amount of snow that was there. I bet you guys get frost in July.:bliss :evil

Hi Lorazepam October in Winnipeg was usually great,a reprieve from winter called Indian summer. Cold clear frosty starry nights,warm exuberant exciting,last summer days before winter.Usually the snow held off till November.Sometimes it snowed in October,but don't forget,it is still harvest time in manitoba in October,hence,the harvest moon.October let you know that December, and therefore winter,were on the doorstep;but not just yet,
I have experienced snow in June but only as the last feeble gasp of winter,
I assure you,the beautiful women of Winnipeg will be near NAKED from gratitude for summer,in mid-July.
Tell all your friends-the place to be in summer!!:bliss

Up for Winnipeg, too!

Let me qualify my input on this one. I've never been to a rally, so I can't comment on past events. However, Vegas in July doesn't sound like a great idea. I've been there, it's really hot. I didn't think you went to rallys to sit inside air-conditioned hotels.

I have also been to Winnipeg several times. It's a very interesting, multi-cultural city with lots of stuff to see and do. Yup, the land is pretty flat, so any planned rides would probably lack the ups and downs, ins and outs that Beemerphiles so love, but you'd have a lot nicer weather, in my opinion.

Plus, I'm from MN, so it would be a nice ride for me.

Los Vegas!!!

Have you ever tried to camp on concrete!!!!! My growin' older bones would not survive this very bizarre idea! Concrete is cold, hard and very bad to try to sleep on..... even with your thermarest! The pleasure of camping is the GREEN SPACE.....not a national in my books....

Kidding?

Back to Canada - soon!

It's a big country. If there was a BMW Canada Club I'd join!

MarkF

Kidding!?!?!?

Wait - kidding?!?! But, but (sniffle) I had my heart SET on partying with Pat Boone.... preferably sans the white buck shoes.:brow

- the boxergrrlie
"All the gear all the time especially poolside"

Attachments

• poolplusboonesmaller.jpg
    poolplusboonesmaller.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 154
Back