• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2005 Rally in Vegas?

Hey Phreak,a put on??Didn't you notice that Micheal Friedle speaks with the voice of authotity??This man KNOWS!! He was the 2003 rally chair.
Now Kbasa is a smart guy,but I dont think he KNOWS knows,if you know what I mean.
Las Vegas?Or Winnipeg?
The choice is clear.:dunno

Winnipeg or Las Vegas?

No contest

las-vegas.jpg

This has been an entertaining thread, but come on guys--look at a map. Lake Meade is not exactly convenient to downtown Vegas, and Tahoe couldn't be further away. All right, all right, I'll stop being a wet blanket. Roll Them Bones........

Really LVMS

Actually the Las Vegas Motor Speedway will be the site of the camping, conviniently located across the street from Nellis Air Force Base.

The Beer tent will be sponsored by Busch, and the smoking area by Winston. Track time will be limited to daylight hours.

Camping is in the infield. For those who want to hotel it, The Orleans will be running a shuttle

Ya know the more I think about it, the more a racetrack makes sense to hold the rally.

I do believe this is coming together... Where is the rest of the rally site committee? The speedway is a great addition, I am disappointed I did not think of it first.

Harvey:clap

Speed

The LVMS would be nice, but if you really want to go fast, Nellis is the place to be.

Just don't sign any "release waivers" during any high speed runs. Oh yeah, and plan on expanding your weekend Rally experience to at least six years.:p

Not to spoil everyone's fun ...

... but what about the heat?

My daughter was there Monday, and it was a balmy 108.

April would be better. Merge with Laughlin. ;)

It just takes preperation

A nice hat, some sunblock, a Camelbak, and of course...

Attachments

• 52fthumb.jpg
    52fthumb.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 414
Dog GONE Kbasa quit having all the answers.I thought"but it's a DRY heat"was a perfect thing,then you went and pulled up this Heat thesis.
Now in Winterpeg,it could even be Winter even in summer;and there is the heat moderating influence of thr Forks,where the Red and the Assiniboine meet.
OK it will be hot in summer.Some of us like it that way.As long as there is shade.We found such a great campsite in Trenton,near the beer tent but in the shade.

Your LV Rally chairs are already hard at work preparing the rally site for optimum comfort.

shade.jpg

05 in Vegas

Preparations continue!

Entertainment contracts went out in yesterday's mail.

Pat Boone for Thursday night, Charo for Friday night and the big finisher on Saturday will be the all new Frank Sinatra impersonator karaoke show.

Show times at 6 pm, 9pm and midnight with an option for a 2am show on Friday.

Once again, not a bad garage band in the bunch!

I'll be there if I can bring my bike poolside.

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 339
Haha Boxergirrlie,I see you have me paddling my canoe away from that rascally Kbasa and toward the civilized end of the pool,where the boxergirrlie hangs out.
How appropriate.
Have I told everyone about the beer canoe paddles down the Red River(or the Assiniboine River for that matter) in the summer time in Winnipeg?Very cool/warm....unless it is a busy mosquito season....
Winnipeg in ought five!!Let's hear it Dan!:brow

I really don't recommend having the MOA rally in Las Vegas in July----July is the extremely "toasty" period and you would find camping in a parking garage unbearable. The hotel parking garages are nor air conditioned. Riding in July in and around Las Vegas is not fun even at midnight. No---I think a rally in LV at that time would not fgo ver well at all!!!!!

Sorry about the spelling mistakes----shoud read parking garages are not air conditioned. You would find "camping in them unbearable. Having a rally at that time would not go over well at all!!!!!! In short----Don't Even Think About It.!!!!!

Back