• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Around here

T

tmgs08

Hello there folks, I just popped in and thought I would take a look around, I happen to have a few bmw's in the family now, including mine a '02 K1200LTC, I just got back from a 14,000 mile trip around te U.S. and going to Nova Scotia with my Boy him riding our '02 R1150RT it was his graduation present (the trip not the bike he got a '89 K100rs for graduation), the trip was fantastic I took a ton of pics that I have put on a website with absoluty no organization yet, I'm not much on writing good ride reports but will say if you ever have a chance to go to Yosemite out in Ca. you must go!

I'm going to look over some of the other boards around here and see what it's like. I'm looking for folks that own LT's and how they have held up, mine has been a problematic machine and I am really trying to see what to do about it

ya'll have fun and if ya feel like browseing a ton of pics that are just for now in directories go take a look at them at www.bikershut.com/pics/chris_trip/

I'm Tom, I'm sure I'll be back

Hey BMW Rider:Did you say Bored of Harley,and Bops!!???

I think I am screamingly funny.:rofl :rofl

Welcome Space Coast Dude.

Hey TMG I thing kbasa has sussed out your real identity.You must be Al Gore,never mind trying to disguise it by changing your posting initials. That means kbasa is a democrat.Mrs.Kbasa is probably a republican.
You Americans!!:confused:

jgr451 said:
Hey TMG I thing kbasa has sussed out your real identity.You must be Al Gore,never mind trying to disguise it by changing your posting initials. That means kbasa is a democrat.Mrs.Kbasa is probably a republican.
You Americans!!:confused:

Hey make me president, I will get rid of welfare as we know it, and have all motorcylists that have been riding more than a couple years declared incompetent for the work force and society will have to foot the bill to rehabilitate them, Rehabilition will be forced riding of at lest 75k miles a year the rest of the time will be enforcing this new law bill name(youmustride) Cage drivers to stay off the roads between the hours of 6am and 10 pm tues through sunday, if they need transportation any other time they will need to ride a bicycle!, I see that as better than giving Social security benefits to somepone because they are an Akcoholic, or just giving out paychecks to someone because they don't feel like working..

that's the best I can come up with on short notice.......

Tom
<grin>

Darn good TMG,but tell me something...is your platform republican(we call them conservatives) or democrat(we call them liberals)?

You forgot about the omnibus tax bill,by which all non motorcyclists pay taxes and the money is used to buy all motorcyclists the kind and number of bikes they need to ride the lawful 75 k per year.Oh,and is that miles,or kilometers?

Keep up the good work of making America great.
:clap

jgr451 said:
Darn good TMG,but tell me something...is your platform republican(we call them conservatives) or democrat(we call them liberals)?

You forgot about the omnibus tax bill,by which all non motorcyclists pay taxes and the money is used to buy all motorcyclists the kind and number of bikes they need to ride the lawful 75 k per year.Oh,and is that miles,or kilometers?

Keep up the good work of making America great.
:clap

hmmmmmmmm, good questions I say, we'll be republicrats, since I have taken the best of both ideals and combined them, the omnibus tax will be very high (that takes care of the democrats) and since only non motorcyclists have to pay that tax, it should satisfy the repbulicans.
Oh hell I don't know,
Since a mile is further than a kilometer it will be done in miles.

can you tell I was bored today?

<grin>
Tom (who really knows nothing about politics)

Hi Tom,
Welcome to MOA :D
I checked out your site and enjoyed the photo's. Very nice:clap.
A trip like that is something I hope to do myself one day on my bike. I did it in my car (BMW) but it is not as exciting as on a bike.
Just keep coming back!

tmg said:
Hello there folks, I just popped in and thought I would take a look around, I happen to have a few bmw's in the family now, including mine a '02 K1200LTC, I just got back from a 14,000 mile trip around te U.S. and going to Nova Scotia with my Boy him riding our '02 R1150RT it was his graduation present (the trip not the bike he got a '89 K100rs for graduation), the trip was fantastic I took a ton of pics that I have put on a website with absoluty no organization yet, I'm not much on writing good ride reports but will say if you ever have a chance to go to Yosemite out in Ca. you must go!

I'm going to look over some of the other boards around here and see what it's like. I'm looking for folks that own LT's and how they have held up, mine has been a problematic machine and I am really trying to see what to do about it

ya'll have fun and if ya feel like browseing a ton of pics that are just for now in directories go take a look at them at www.bikershut.com/pics/chris_trip/

I'm Tom, I'm sure I'll be back

Hi Tom,

I had a 99' K1200LTI that I just recently sold with 77K on the clock. I sold it only because I wanted a GS to take advantage of some great off road opportunities here in Arizona and the west and I believe better suits my stlye and interests.

The only two problems I had with it was 1) the speed sensor became erratic which i replaced myself. Found that the wire insulation had worn to the wire on the frame where it was attached, causing a short. 2) Developed a oil leak that alos leaked into the clutch housing. This was costly but these problems occured after 75K.

Welcome aboard!

Back