• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Vermont 251 Club, a Peach of an idea,

R

raven

Is it reasonable to plan a morning ride to visit the places needed to say 'yup I'm a 251er' ?

251er?

Belquar said:
What is a 251er?

I've been watching this thread for a couple of days just to find out what a 251er is but nobody has responded yet. I have no idea but I sure am curious. :dunno

Grant

The Vermont 251 Club . . . revisited

raven said:
Is it reasonable to plan a morning ride to visit the places needed to say 'yup I'm a 251er' ?

Belquar said:
What is a 251er?

GRANT said:
I've been watching this thread for a couple of days just to find out what a 251er is but nobody has responded yet. I have no idea but I sure am curious.
Ahhh, old friend 'raven'. . . "gaps", "gores", "notches", and now The Vermont 251 Club . . . you're sharp, Bud, but - you still can't fool us with literary legerdemain! ` ` :type

A "Peach of an idea" - EXCELLENT! ` ` :wave

The 251 Club

Fort many years there were 251 cities and towns in VT. Anyone who wished to join the "251 Club" would visit each city and town and mail themselves a postcard. Once all of the postcards, with the appropriate postal cancelations were in hand, you could apply to join the "251 Club." This is obviously not something you can do in a morning ride.

The ? Club

Why not bring a digital camera and some postcards and see how many of the cities and towns in VT you can see in a day (or two)? :wave

Rally Activity?

Might make an interesting rally activity. How about a pound of Cabot Cheese or quart of myple syrup for doing all four corners of Vermont? :thumb

Last edited:
Maybe we can merge this thread with the "Is Maine As Close As It Looks" thread??!!?

This hopeful 251'er might want to ride the Green Mountain 400 next fall instead.

Why not just ride where you want for as long as you can and skip giving th USPS a bunch of business? Maybe I'm a stick in the mud but never much caught on to the document and prove your ride kind of riding. I ride for me!

No offense intended if this is your sort of thing. :deal

Back