• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Threads under GEAR limited to 2 pages?

robsryder

Motorcycleton
Why are the threads under the topic GEAR limited to 2 pages?

Older GEAR threads can be accessed, but not directly. For example, if I've written something under gear that has slipped beyond the 2nd page, then I can only access that thread by going to my profile and looking at threads to which I've contributed. Then I can click on that link and thereby indirectly access the thread.

That is not supposed to happen. Can you tell me what thread this is happening on, cause I can not get it to happen on my machine?

Ok, first I login, then I go to the topic "GEAR". I see available pages 1 of 2.
I go to the second page. The last thread shown (as of right now) has a Last Post date of 12/02/05.

I was trying to access a thread called "Making Motorcycle Videos" which has a Last Post date of 11/29/05. That thread is not displayed (it would be on a page 3 of Gear, if such existed).

I can go to my profile and find where I contributed to this thread and thereby gain access to it.

This issue does not seem to be limited to the GEAR topic. In fact, when I checked "Ride Reports" I see that only 2 pages of threads are available. Same for "Clubhouse" and "Airheads".

The topic "Campfire" is showing 4 pages of threads. "Oilheads" is showing 3 pages of threads. Sorry, but I don't have any interest in K-bikes. :)

I checked this using both a Mac (with OS X) and a PC using XP-Pro.

At the bottom of the threads page, you have a "display options" window. I think it is set to one month, so the pages available are for the last month. Select another option, such as 45 days or two months, you will see the number of pages increase.

Hope that answers your question. :thumb

Don't forget to click on "show threads" after changing the one month to something else. I just selected the 45 days option and your thread shows up on page three, just as you thought.

Thanks Rich - that approach does work. I discovered, however, that there is no "memory" of my thread display preference unless I go to "User CP". There I can alter my thread display preference from the display default. Then I'll always be able to see further back in thread space.

I appreciate the prompt feedback - now I've got a lot more readin' to do!

Happy New Year to all!

Back