• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Risers on new RS

motodan

Anyone put bar risers on new R1200RS? What brand, how much rise and what difficulties did you face? Brake hose has some room for movement, but clutch line appears relatively short. Thanks.

One option that looks nice is to install the R1200R bars.
When we bought our bikes, the shop asked if we wanted R bars installed but we were not interested.
I do remember them mentioning the brake and clutch hoses and other wires were long enough for this swap.
I think Engles said around one hour labor.

Pictures in this thread. http://r1200rsforums.com/threads/rs-with-r-handlebar-sports-seat.474/

Last edited:
I put the Wonderlich risers on about a year ago as they were the first i knew to offer them.

I am well pleased with them. I did wiggle the clutch and brake cables a bit..thru their tie points, but I did not have to lengthen any thing. The fork easily swings lock to lock. The raise the bars about an inch...some of this is a bit back because of the original mounting angle of the triple clamp.

If you go much more than this amount, as offered by other riser companies now, you will likely make a more complex effort to insure you have long enough cables.

I did look at using the R bars, but it MUCH more expensive and the bars are wider too. Some people will want that.

bobzeliff;1063680 I did look at using the R bars said:
I also thought the R bars were wider, but when we measured the R and RS bars at the shop they were the same.

Back