• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Motorcycle cover advice

DBCasey

Enjoy the ride!
I've got a 2011 RT with a topcase and factory radio antenna.

I'm looking for options for a packable cover. So far, the ones I've found were: E-Z Touring, Geza (!!$$!!) and Nelson Rigg.

I think I only need a half cover. I'll probably only use it for overnight parking and if I'm caught parked in a rain storm.

I'd appreciate any info/advice/other brands you could provide.

Thank you in advance!
Daryl

I have been using an E-Z Touring covers for more years than I care to admit to , and I'm very happy with them (for different bikes) . You can fold and roll them small enough to fit in your helmet , but use the stuff sack . They take up less room than you'd think.:)

+1 for EZ Touring, have been very satisfied with their covers.
Best,
DG

Last edited:
EZ Touring for my '09RT with all cases. +1 for me too. I can check later which size Traveller Half cover I got. I actually ordered 2 sizes to test and returned the one that was too small. Also, from what I've read, the Geza cover is not waterproof. Mostly designed for transporting the bike and as a dust/sun cover.

EZ Touring here as well. Using the same one on my 2015 RT that I originally bought for my 2007 LT. Packs small...works great.

EZ Touring for my '09RT with all cases. +1 for me too. I can check later which size Traveller Half cover I got. I actually ordered 2 sizes to test and returned the one that was too small. Also, from what I've read, the Geza cover is not waterproof. Mostly designed for transporting the bike and as a dust/sun cover.

Please do. I'd appreciate knowing what size cover you selected.

For those of you with the EZ Touring cover, do you have the Traveler (half cover) or Wanderer (full cover)?

I saw them (EZ Touring) at the Rally but never got over to speak to them. Shame on me.

DC

For those of you with the EZ Touring cover, do you have the Traveler (half cover) or Wanderer (full cover)?

I like the half Cover for trips because of the small packed size.
We have used the same Traveller A since the early to mid 90s. It has fit well on our K75S, K1200RS, K1300S and R1200RS.
Our covers are not waterproof. If they are, maybe all the moisture on the inside is from condensation collecting.

20150812_070436.jpg

Wawa_Canada_3_.JPG

P1030683.JPG

Last edited:
I have the traveler A for my 07 RT. One word of caution if the cover is to be left in the sun a lot. Read the instructions carefully about how to treat it for UV rays. If you don't then don't expect it to last over a year.

The question of "Which cover?" comes up quite often. You might want to search for some ofthe older threads. My Nelson Rig UV2000 is pictured in this thread. The no-name 49L top case has since been replaced with a Shad 50. The cover still fits and is still in great shape after five years. About $35.

Nelson-rigg full cover, waterproof, not the smallest in size for packing, but the price is right
Mine was on my 1200gs, k1600 and now RT, no signs of wear

For my RT

I use the Wanderer, with a caribiner through the grommet that attaches to my sidestand so that it doesnt blow away during the night.

I saw them (EZ Touring) at the Rally but never got over to speak to them. Shame on me.

DC

I use the Nelson Riggs Half-cover and like it, but, like Lee's experience, all of these (the ones I've tried at least) appear to allow a lot of condensation to form underneath the cover, especially if the bike is still fairly warm when you put the cover on.

There was a company selling a very minimalist cover, virtually just material stretched between the handlebars and the front of the top case, but I can't recall their name. Does anyone know them and their website? Just thinking that I should have looked at them, but got tied up with so many other distractions. ;-)

If it helps, here are 2 photos I took yesterday of the Traveller "X" 1/2 cover on my '09RT with side and top cases....
IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

Back