• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Need advice north of Niagra Falls

mustangguy

It's been over 2 decades since I visited Ontario, and I am planning a September trip which will start in Niagra Falls. I plan on spending a couple nights there, and then venturing up into Ontario for 4 nights or so in possibly various places.

What I am looking for is:

• Beautiful rides (of course!)
  • Lodging (because I am a bit timid about bears fattening up in the fall)
  • Small connected finger lakes and not giant bodies of water
  • Motorboat rentals (I am talking 9.9 boats, not canoes, big pontoons or ski boats)
  • Fishing tackle rental (not a must, but would be cool)
I have tried the ordinary searches and am having trouble narrowing this down, so thank you so much for any help you might give in helping me plan this adventure.

Clowry,

Many thanks for the warm welcome.

I was hoping for narrower responses. Do you have first hand experience with any place that rents small motor boats and has lodging nearby? I really would like to enjoy some small finger lakes this way. Are there good motorcycle routes that shouldn't be missed?

[QUOTE Good motorcycle routes that shouldn't be missed?[/QUOTE]

The Niagara Parkway on the Canadian side from Fort Erie to Niagara on the Lake, goes past Niagara Falls.

Not much luck on boat rentals, unless you want to rent a yacht!

On lodging, too many tourists in Niagara Falls + high rates. Best to stay in St. Catharines and 15 min ride there.

No bears in Southern Ontario.

I live just outside of Niagara falls on the American side, are you looking to stay the night in Niagara falls US or Canada? also may be able to help out with boat rental in this area but don't know of any places in the fingerlakes

Back