• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

'06 k1200lt crunchy transmission

treecutter220

hello. I am new to the site. I am a new motorcycle rider as well. I recently bought a 2006 k1200lt. I love it, but the transmission is very 'crunchy' sounding for lack of a better term. Especially when down shifting at lower speeds in 4th gear. I asked the the dealer that I bought it from about this, and they said that this is rather common for that model bike. Has anyone else experienced this? It is somewhat unsettling for a new rider........it is a heavy bike for a first time rider, and my girl and I weigh over 360 lbs total........should I be concerned about this? Thanks in advance....!!

Welcome to the MOA and the forum! Hopefully some of the KLT riders will see your post. If after a while there's not much response, I'll move your post to the K-Bike section of the forum...that's where more technical questions usually end up.

I ride a 2000 K1200 LT. Not sure of the problem you may have.

First fill out your profile, so other rider in you area can contact you.

Most rider on this site from your area will contact you.

There may be a club in your area also.

I am sure a K1200LT rider, from the your area will contact you.

My location is NE PA, north of Allentown.

Great biked and this is a great site for HELP.

George
aka "MTHELMET":wave

Back