Thread: VW suppliers go on strike

VW suppliers go on strike

Interesting, corporations are resorting to work stoppages to get a fair deal from each other....

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...-german-plants
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Interesting, corporations are resorting to work stoppages to get a fair deal from each other....

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...-german-plants
    Atlas Shrugged?
    1973 R75/5

1988 R100RS (available)

Quote Originally Posted by James.A View Post
    Atlas Shrugged?
    Sorry, I don't deal in fiction.

It's the legacy of Jose Ignacio Lopez
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175

One more case of VW with its head in the wrong place. Negotiating with suppliers especially those with long and established relationships is always possible but tearing up contracts and deliberate bites into a suppliers cash flow is pretty low tactics. Any US supplier would be in their rights to stop delivery.
    They will pay me $21K for my 2012 Passat TDI (have until 2018 to collect) which will not be replaced with another VW even though the car is a good one. 40 mpg overall and reliable. Not really into folks who play fast and loose with emission regs.

Quote Originally Posted by racer7 View Post
    One more case of VW with its head in the wrong place. Negotiating with suppliers especially those with long and established relationships is always possible but tearing up contracts and deliberate bites into a suppliers cash flow is pretty low tactics. Any US supplier would be in their rights to stop delivery.
    They will pay me $21K for my 2012 Passat TDI (have until 2018 to collect) which will not be replaced with another VW even though the car is a good one. 40 mpg overall and reliable. Not really into folks who play fast and loose with emission regs.
    Jose Ignacio Lopez was "the man" in the auto industry of the 1990's. Several US MBA programs developed classes using his methods as a prime example of the new "normal" for business to business operation. GM actually sued VW when Lopez jumped ship to VW.

Out There Somewhere ricochetrider's Avatar
    They offered slightly less for my 2012 Golf. I get it that you don't want to support VW. I hadn't thought of that, which is surprising to me. I'm not overtly peeved at VW, but this whole thing is admittedly bad.
    Be The Change You Want To See In The World

Not really into folks who play fast and loose with emission regs.
    Just take into account that the regulations VW has to meet for its cars in the USA are 100 times more strict than those applicable to pickup trucks.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S