• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Got my 100,000 mile award today!

rangerreece

RangerReece
Thanks Jim Heberling for volunteering as the High Mileage Coordinator. I got my letter, pin, patch, and sticker today. I posed my new bling in front of my new bike with models of my old bikes in dedication to all the many care free miles I put on those beemers. Looking forward to my next 100,000 miles on Gretchen.
image.jpg

Nice to see the progression from small, to bigger, to biggest in bikes! I got a plaque...and medallion but haven't figured out how/where to mount it.

Well done!

I put the sticker on the lowest center part of my windshield, the pin on my Rally Hat, patch goes in a drawer.

Congratulations are due for joining the "Club"............Keep the wheels turning and frame that letter for your "bragging rights" wall.........

Thanks guys. I think I'll put the sticker on my new helmet when it comes in. May sew the patch on my riding jacket, pin went in one of my motorrad hats. Letter was filed. I try to participate in as many MOA programs that I can.

Congrats on your mileage award.
Don't forget to have your dealer send in for a award from BMWNA. They will send your a plaque and two medallions.

Nice to see the progression from small, to bigger, to biggest in bikes! I got a plaque...and medallion but haven't figured out how/where to mount it.

You probably received those from BMWNA.
We put our medallions on the rear fender.

Cool! I've many hundreds of thousands, as well (mostly commuting)-what is this award, and where does it come from? Congratulations on being a "rider"!

what is this award, and where does it come from?

Check out this page:

http://www.bmwmoa.org/?mileageawards

You basically get your (or a) dealer to sign the form with your mileage information on it. They process it and should also send the info to BMWNA. You might have to show something as a way of verifying the mileage such as gas mileage logs, maintenance receipts, etc. My dealer "trusted" me but I did pull the numbers from my own personal maintenance records.

Cool! My dealer has all my records-except for my R60/6 (what a bike-and bought new). My bikes have aways been working "mules'. So many buy bikes and they sit. Wonderful to acknowledge those who put them to task, after all, they're made to be ridden!

Congrats on your mileage award.
Don't forget to have your dealer send in for a award from BMWNA. They will send your a plaque and two medallions.

image.jpg

I got my BMW NA recognition last year. The boys at the Pensacola dealership took good care of me.

How do you get that if you don't have a dealer?:scratch Did that twice, mostly two up, but, dang, no dealer to id it for me. I don't go to dealers so there must be another way to get recognized but I never thought that far ahead. :banghead Good for you though! - Bob

Last edited:
How do you get that if you don't have a dealer?:scratch Did that twice, two up, but, dang, no dealer to id it for me. I don't go to dealers so there must be another way to get recognized but I never thought that far ahead. :banghead Good for you though! - Bob

Bob,

You'll need VIN's and miles for each bike. You could always stop in to a dealer in your travels to present the information and request a mileage award.

Harry

Thanks for the idea. - Bob

I assume that Canadian dealers would send to BMW Motorrad Canada not BMWNA? :dunno

Any Canucks on here have success with this? In the meantime I have requested clarification from BMW Motorrad Canada Customer Service via email and will report back.

I assume that Canadian dealers would send to BMW Motorrad Canada not BMWNA? :dunno

Any Canucks on here have success with this? In the meantime I have requested clarification from BMW Motorrad Canada Customer Service via email and will report back.

I also thought about that. Not everything available for U.S. based members/owners is available to us :scratch - Bob

Congrats and well done!

I'm also part of the group that hasn't kept track over the years and have done a lot of service myself, but pretty certain I'm over 100,000 miles. Dang. :banghead

Back