• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mt. Washington

steveinVT

For obvious reasons, summer is peak season for this 8-mile climb. I'm sure I'm not the first to mention it as an easy-to-reach fun ride for many east-coasters. Lots of nearby lodging if you want to lay over. Points to remember
  • Get there early. Mid-day waits can be long and hot.
  • There's at least one bikes-only lane on the right. Use it.
  • The fee is $17 for bike and driver. A passenger is extra.
  • There's a parking lot and store just past the entrance where you can add clothing.
And unless you choose to ignore the NO PASSING rule and 25 mph speed limit, this is a SLOW RIDE! Expect stopped or creeping cagers around every turn. Your slow-riding skills will be challenged, as will your clutch hand, not to mention your clutch. Depending on your ride, you may not get out of second gear. The one-mile dirt section is hard-packed, with very little loose stuff. And save the rubbernecking for the top. Of the three people ever killed on this road, the most recent was on a Harley.

When the weather is nice, it's quite a view. The last time I was up was on my ATV-

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 169
Bike Day on Mt. Washtington

This pic was taken on "Bike Day," associated with Laconia Bike Week, some years ago:

Harry

Attachments

• Picture 030.jpg
    Picture 030.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 152
Back