• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Vario top case with Jesse side bags on a 700GS?

I have a Vario top case and jesse bags.

I use Jesse Bags and a Vario top case and love the system. The only problem, if I have one, is the top case won't hold a helmet.
I love the easy on and off of the Vario.
When you order the Jesse bags be sure to let them know you have a BMW top case and they will give you the additional hardware needed, to mount the top case properly.

Odd, my vario top case fits my Schuberth c3 pro. Didn't realize they were different size top cases on different bikes,

Thanks guys. Got the cases from a member. Will call Al Jesse and ask for the extension parts to mount the top case with. By the way my helmet fits in the top case easily. Almost afraid to ask, are you extending the case to it's largest position?

Thanks guys. Got the cases from a member. Will call Al Jesse and ask for the extension parts to mount the top case with. By the way my helmet fits in the top case easily. Almost afraid to ask, are you extending the case to it's largest position?

Yes it is extended, I guess I should drink and beer and try again.

My helmet will only fit one way. On the left side with the bottom towards the front

did you get your bags set up?
Wayne

Hi Wayne. Let me start by saying I've been using Jesse bags on my 12GS since mid '04 and love them. As to fitting them on a 7GS, it's a bit odd.
Jesse has a kit for $50 that makes it work with the BMW top box. It raises the top box about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch at the rear. I don't like the look of it and have decided to sell the Jesse bags. I know that's somewhat dumb but that's the way my brain works. Even tho the BMW bags are wider, heavier and hold less I'm going with then.

Last edited:
Hi Wayne. Let me start by saying I've been using Jesse bags on my 12GS since mid '04 and love them. As to fitting them on a 7GS, it's a bit odd.
Jesse has a kit for $50 that makes it work with the BMW top box. It raises the top box about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch at the rear. I don't like the look of it and have decided to sell the Jesse bags. I know that's somewhat dumb but that's the way my brain works. Even tho the BMW bags are wider, heavier and hold less I'm going with then. $950 shipped in CONUS for the Jesse bags. Black and in near perfect condition. Bought them from another member here.

I believe you got the bags from a member in Indianapolis? If so I sold them to him.
I got a set of the odyssey ii for the bike they come off.
Wayne

Remember guys, the buying/selling needs to be in the marketplace. Nobody wants to receiving inquiry's two or three years from now because an off-hand post has been lingering.
Thanks, The Mod Team.

Sorry, haven't posted and ad yet. Didn't mean to post info here.

:thumb
I saw it as an off-hand reference. Every now and then, when it happens, it gives us a chance to 'splain why things are kept separate.
Good luck.
Gary

Back