• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rear shock for 1991 K75RT with ABS

WalterK75

I'm want to buy a Progressive rear shock for my bike. I'm looking at the 412 series 14" but seem to always find one that is 3/4 of an inch shorter than stock. Would this make any difference in how the bike handles etc.? I saw the 14" on the US Progressive site, but can't locate it in Canada.

K rear shock

I'm want to buy a Progressive rear shock for my bike. I'm looking at the 412 series 14" but seem to always find one that is 3/4 of an inch shorter than stock. Would this make any difference in how the bike handles etc.? I saw the 14" on the US Progressive site, but can't locate it in Canada.

Have you tried CANADAS MOTORCYCLE ? They have the stock length plus the shorter one.

Progressive 412-4015B.
I think I have 3 of theses Progressive models on K75's. Good Shock (Reasonable price too). I cut the label off of the box on the last one I bought, which was a good bit ago, and is posted out in the shop so I am not absolutely positive on model #.

I'm interested in replacing one of them and was told by a nice Aussie vendor from another shock brand (??????) at the National in Hamburg, that the Progressive 4015's do not have damper/rebound adjustments (1-5) anymore. The Progressive website states " A five-position cam style preload adjuster lets you dial in your ride". I don't think this is referring to dampening and if I'm right, it's too bad they don't have rebound adjustments on this model anymore. Did that model used to have dampening adjustments ?

Charlie

Charlie,

Never had rebound adjustment, just the preload adjustment. The 465 has rebound adjustment for twice the price. The rebound on the 412 works very well on a K75 the way it comes out of the box because it is set with the spring rate and bike weight in mind.

:dance:dance:dance

Walter, get the correct length shock. I ordered a Wilbers, 1/2" shorter than stock. It is extremely difficult to put my K on the centre stand and impossible when touring

Walter,

Didn't have any problem locating correct shock on CanadasMotorcycle:

https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/progressive-suspension-412-series-shocks-14-chrome-412-4015b.html

That's equal to $285 usd with free shipping.

I understand shipping from the US to Canada can get quite expensive with taxes and customs charges, so maybe it's about the same total price from CM or buying from the US (and probably less hassle).

(And no, they are NOT sold in pairs. That is a generic comment for most other 412 shocks, but NOT applicable to the BMW shocks. And they're NOT chrome, they're black).

:dance:dance:dance

Last edited:
Back