• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What should I ride 1150RT or What?

Final Decision: F800GT

THANKS TO ALL. I have decided that at my age of 70 and height of 5'6", the point of my motorcycle life should be enjoyment and that the issues of the weight of the R1150RT in the garage and in various parking situations were a big negative. I test rode a R1200R and the F800GT. I found the 1200R to be a rough ride compared to the 800GT. Possibly too much power. I definitely missed the fairing from the RT. I found the 800GT very comfortable, incredibly easy to ride and obviously no issue with weight. The fairing seemed to work well and the windshield worked for me at my height. It is also significantly lower even with the regular seat. So......I found a private sale of a white 2013 with 850 miles for $8100. Such a good deal that it leaves me funds to have it throughly checked out at MaxBMW. I hope to pick it up next week.

Thanks to everyone for their opinions and advice. It was a big help.

Back