• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Chicago Region riders, help please

the Wizard of Oz
Cyclewerks has been cleaned and synched my R1100RT's throttle bodies and even gave it a second try, but it still vibrates my feet numb at all speeds, all rpm's, in all gears. Completely unrideable.....dangerous. The numb feet thing isn't so good.

I think the BMW techs are out of ideas. i've had bad experiences with the techs at both Countryside and motor works. A friend suggested Bob H who used to own motor works, but almost 3 hours away in Indiana.

Any ideas closer to the Chicago metro region???
thanx

I'm very surprised to hear you had such bad luck with Countryside.
I have no interest with the company but have had nothing but goodluck with them.

Can I ask why the turn off?

It's OK to PM me,so as not to broadcast your displeasure.
Thanks,Rich

Repair

Try Eric at Racer Cafe in St. Charles. I believe he is a certified BMW mechanic. He is good, honest and reasonably price.

RT problems

If you have problems with a dealer and you post it on a BMW website, they will read it, other BMW shops will read it and BMW corporate will read it. This time of the year BMW shops are getting bikes ready for nationals, etc. They don't have the time or space to bring a problem bike in and take up space in their mechanics bays. Odds are it may cost you as much or more to get your bike fixed than what it is worth. Been there done that made a bunch of enemies and now I am riding a Suzuki.

FWIW Jon

thanx

Try Eric at Racer Cafe in St. Charles. I believe he is a certified BMW mechanic. He is good, honest and reasonably price.

Who knows? Maybe I hit them on a bad day, or didn't express myself clearly, but first impressions matter. It's true in my business, and i suspect in all. ...save politics

But i appreciate the ideas. So far I'm pleased with what Cyclewerks has tried and their willingness to listen and try and solve something that's not "in the book."

first impressions matter

If you have problems with a dealer and you post it on a BMW website, they will read it, other BMW shops will read it and BMW corporate will read it. This time of the year BMW shops are getting bikes ready for nationals, etc. They don't have the time or space to bring a problem bike in and take up space in their mechanics bays. Odds are it may cost you as much or more to get your bike fixed than what it is worth. Been there done that made a bunch of enemies and now I am riding a Suzuki.

FWIW Jon

Who knows? Maybe I hit them on a bad day, or didn't express myself clearly, but first impressions matter. It's true in my business, and i suspect in all. ...save politics

But i appreciate the ideas. So far I'm pleased with what Cyclewerks has tried and their willingness to listen and try and solve something that's not "in the book."

Back