• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Anyone using a helmet communication system with a wired mike?

Anyname

I have a Schuberth C3 with a SRC system, which is generally OK, but the boom microphone is a pain in the butt. Has anyone used a system with a wired mic in a modular helmet? Any issues with installation of the mic or the wire getting jammed in the hinge etc?

I have the BMW communication system installed in my Schuberth C3. Boom mic completely on the inside, fits perfectly. Not the most advanced or capable comm system, but it gets the job done for what I need.

I have the BMW communication system installed in my Schuberth C3. Boom mic completely on the inside, fits perfectly. Not the most advanced or capable comm system, but it gets the job done for what I need.

I have a BMW system 5 with a wired mic on a Sena SMH10. Put the mic on top of the cheek pad. Works well, just noisy for the listener if the face shield is open.

I'm using a Sena SMH10 with my C3 and have the wired mic attached to the cheek-pad, but down and out of the air-stream, makes it nice and quiet. The chin-bar shields it quite well.

Sorry, for some reason the picture gets rotated when I attach it. but you can download it and rotate it to view better. I used the Chin-bar locking pin as the guide for the bottom of the mic and if you zoom in you can see that the wiring in right between the cheek-pad and the helmet just below the pin position. I used an adhesive pad that comes with the kit for the mic so that the velcro isn't wearing on cheek-pad, but haven't had to move the mic so it isn't actually an issue. Very neat and nothing in the way at all.

I have a Nolan with the boom-mic and an Arai Vector-II with the wired mic and decided that when I got the C3 I'd go wired to make things a bit tidier.

Hope this helps.
IMG_20160429_2232203rr.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160429_2232203.jpg
    IMG_20160429_2232203.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 527
I have a Nolan N44 with their integrated N-Com B5 system. I don't mind the boom at all but I can see where if you had always had a full face helmet with the wired mike it would be a change to get use to. My GF has a Shoei RF with the Nolan M5 with wired mike. We've never had any problem with either setup.

Thanks. The issue I have with the boom on the Schuberth system is that it bumps into my glasses and needs to be re-oriented every time the helmet goes on and off. I'd like to leave the system in place,but the boom is sufficiently annoying that I only use the SRC system on longer trips.

Thanks. The issue I have with the boom on the Schuberth system is that it bumps into my glasses and needs to be re-oriented every time the helmet goes on and off. I'd like to leave the system in place,but the boom is sufficiently annoying that I only use the SRC system on longer trips.

Do you have your glasses on when you put your helmet on? I'm having a hard time figuring out how your glasses could interfere with the mic.

Yep. That's why I use a modular helmet, I don't like having to take off my glasses when i put the helmet on or off. If I remember, I can move the boom out of the way, but i often don't think go it. Either way, the boom invariably gets moved during the process and needs to be re-oriented when the helmet goes back on. Ideally Schuberth and other helmet manufacturers will eventually integrate mics and earplugs into the base designs.

I hate the boom, I like space in front of my mouth, l don't like having to constantly reposition the boom. A small wired mic works best for me. That's me, may not be others.

I'm using the wired mike with my SMH10 in a Schuberth C3. Tried the boom but was constantly forgetting to position it inside before closing the chin bar. I'd remember when the wind noise activated the intercom and then have to stop for rearrangement. The opening is too tight to tuck it in with the bar closed.

Currently have the mike stuck inside the chin bar near the center, but the necessary wire slack usually requires adjustment to keep it off my face or out of view, but has not yet been pinched while closing the chin bar. I like the tidy way Alan Coles placed it on the cheek pad, will be trying that soon.

Back