• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

riding & lunch & diner

daveredman

riding & lunch & dinner

I hear a lot of riders talking about riding to such-n-such place and having a nice big meal at blahblah big restaurant.

I enjoy places like these (both here in town) that I went to today.

IMG_4015r_W800_zpsxpnzp0pc.jpg

IMG_4042_Gyros_w600_zpsrnea11tl.jpg

(I know, I know, not my BMW ... but is BMW shirt har har har)

The delectable items in the first photo are what we would call "Pluto Pups" or "Dagwood Dogs", but I see the stall has a sign saying Pronto Pups (possibly just a play on words).
I thought these were known as Corn Dogs in the US but I may be completely wrong.

Either way I haven't had one in years and I can still smell them now and can taste it as I write.
You certainly know your comfort food and it's exactly what is needed on a ride. Not certain my wife would agree.

pronto pups

What town it might be on the way to somewhere I am going. If you are in central Illinois their is a good corn dog stand on route 107 across from tractor dealer also some fun roads in area, warning I think they go to some local county fairs so sometime stand not there. Town is Mt. Sterling.

Last edited:
How about a spinoff to this thread: Favorite places to ride to for lunch or dinner? There are some great spots in Maine!

Now I'm cornfused - "corn dogs" have a cornmeal coating.

Those are just sausages (or brats) on a stick.

corn dogs

Pronto pup, corn dog and new name " cozy dog" all the same basic food group Weiner on a stick dipped in cornmeal batter and deep fried line of catsup or mustard on side very good eat. If you ever travel the mother road on old route 66 in Springfield Illinois stop at the cozy dog drive-in one of the original dog on a stick places.

Back