• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

new dual sport modular helmet by Schubert and Touratech

Good looking helmet- http://www.schuberth.com/us/products/motorbikes/helmets/e1.html

csm_E1_Guardian-Red_P3_65220e6f0b.png

OM

OK...now scare me away with the pricing:dunno Couldn't find one.

I have a mental pricepoint #:bolt

Awesome - pricey....but Awesome

$889 pre-order pricing on Revzilla. I have a C3 Pro that I love - but now I want it to wear out so I can rationalize a new helmet! I actually ended up with Schuberth after trying on nearly every helmet in the shop and just picking the one that fit and felt the best - then after kind of choking on the price I went ahead and bought it. I will say I've always felt well served buying better riding gear vs. many other expenses. I love the design of the new Guardian, but won't try one on until I'm ready to buy.

I know several people (including my heath insurance provider) who will attest to the fact that my head is nowhere near worth $889.

I know several people (including my heath insurance provider) who will attest to the fact that my head is nowhere near worth $889.

No comment:wave

I was thinking more to the reality I would drop it in the gravel on day one...SOP for new lower pricepoint helmets in this household:whistle

There was a test of the Touratech, a Shoei and an Arai in the April ON. Touratech came out on top. Here's the URL for the helmet: http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/PN-500-18XX/Touratech-Aventuro-Carbon-Helmet

Yes, that was the Touratech Adventuro Carbon, not the modular that this one is.

And to know that Schubert is making one directly for sale - hmmm - Touratech has pricing on their site for the modular version, Schubert will soon......

I too have a C3 Pro, and LOVE IT.
I too am dreaming of ways to rationalize both! Hard sell to the significant other....(and too myself), but four more years will likely pass quickly.

Browsing the Schuberth website leads to the HMK 150.

HMK150.jpg

While probably not safe, the storm trooper look seems like it could be fun just for the looks one would get while riding.

Speaking of unsafe head gear, late last year I saw some yahoo riding down the street with a rubber monster mask pulled over his helmet. How he saw anything through the tiny eye holes I don't know. I hope he corrected himself, or got pulled over, before he killed himself.

question for John M & Nelliott Re: C3 Pro

Do either one of you have a J & M CB installed on your bike & in your Schuberth C3 Pro? My husband & I are looking at getting C3 Pro's & having J & M install their headset systems. But we're wondering if it'll be just as noisy, wind-wise, as our Nolan modular helmets. Any help is appreciated.

Diann
2015 R1200RT

Diann, I'm curious why you would want the J and M. I've used the schuberth Cardo Scala collar neck roll, and the wife and I were able to maintain comms up to almost 1/2 mile. No profile, no wind noise.

Diann, I'm curious why you would want the J and M. I've used the schuberth Cardo Scala collar neck roll, and the wife and I were able to maintain comms up to almost 1/2 mile. No profile, no wind noise.

Ranger, Diann and I work an annual Run For The Wall event (rftw.org) that consists of three different routes, each with several hundred riders, that starts in Ontario, California and ends in Washington, DC on Memorial Day weekend.

We both are in leadership, and a 1/2 mile or even 1 mile range is not adequate for a procession of 450 motorcycles. The Run is in its 28th year, and is organized similar to a military procession with platoon leaders (9 to 12 platoons per route), staging and fueling teams, road guards, and many others. Along the way we communicate with some of the other traveling public, primarily drivers of 18-Wheelers, which also brings the CB radio into play.

Up until several days ago, BMW was providing the necessary wiring harness to J&M to facilitate installation of a wired system that brought all the parts (CB, Sirius Radio, GPS, RD, etc.) together, something that as former Goldwing owners, we took for granted. We just had our CB's installed last week, and we are the last two RT's to ever have the luxury of a wired system including CB radio. BMW has told J&M that they will no longer provide these harnesses with special connectors, so, effectively, J&M can no longer support integrated installation of their CB radio on BMW motorcycles. According to J&M personnel, BMW does not see a need for CB radio since everyone in Europe uses Bluetooth.

Not everyone is pleased with Bluetooth and all of its vagaries, and I, personally, am disappointed with BMW's short-sighted decision to eliminate the CB radio riders from their technology.

John McKee
RFTW Road Guard 2010 - 2016

John, I understand now. I thought we were talking just husband and wife out riding together. Run for the wall, now that's a bike of a different color. CB definetly has its place in the moto world. I'm pretty much the only non J and M guy at work.

Back