• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

k75 wheels

abmwrider

Does anyone know if there is a wider rear wheel available for a k75s that has a matching front as well? I know with other BMW bikes some wheels are swappable (?). Any info would be greatly appreciated. :banghead

Scott,

Not sure about larger wheels but you could get over sized tires.

You could put tires a size larger on your bike. I did that with the Metezeler 880s' and hated it! It made the bike slow into curves and it took effort to sraighten back up.

I now have the right size 100/90h18 front, and the "still over sized" 140/80hb1 on the rear. I'm very pleased with that combo.

HTH

Last edited:
Well - yes there are, but it isn't simple.

My K75S ('87) is wearing wider rims and tires front and back - running MZ4 radials at the moment.

The rims are 3 spokers off a K100RS-4V (actually a bit of a rare K to begin with).. the front rim is 3" and the rear is 4.5".. both are 18" rims.

The not-simple involves several things..

1. The centerstand requires modification to clear the fat rear tire, some cutting and welding is required to the left leg.

2. Removing the rear wheel now requires removing the muffler.. not actually a big deal - takes about 5 minutes and the loosening of one bolt (header to muffler clamp) and removing of two bolts (the rear mounting bolts). The tire is so wide that it will not allow the rim or tire to pass between the rear caliper and the exhaust, so the exhaust has to come off. The upside - the rear fender flap doesn't need to be removed, so it's actually (for me) easier - the flap is a bit of a pita to remove with the ABS brain in the way (and yes - THE K75S has ABS - added to it..)

To see it:

http://www.monmouth.com/~deilenberger/K75S/K75S.html

If you want more info, ping me directly, I can give you some more information. It does result in the rear tire being offset about 3/4" to the left - which as far as I can tell - has NO effect on the handling (and the bike does track straight with the hands off the bars..)

HTH

The K75S
Dsc00020.jpg

Radials on a K75S
bmw4.jpg

Hi Don! :wave
415973-M.jpg

phactory, Don, MrsK

Back