Thread: Jim Kalahan, BMW charter club president, and old friend.

Jim Kalahan, BMW charter club president, and old friend.

I had the distinct pleasure of reconnecting with an old friend that was elected to president last year of charter Club #5... Alabeemers. We sat around his fire ring in his back yard where in the past we have shared many a lie and story. We used to have what the girls, called, "Big talk Friday" around that fire ring. Sheila, was always good at keeping us in check. As I'm running for the board this year I needed to reconnect to this two times Purple Heart receipient from Vietnam, and one of my mentors and role models for the last two decades. We had a good talk. I'll be attending the Alabeembers meeting this Sunday in Birmingham. Once elections are done (for the Alabeemers) I'll renew my membership. The club was there for me when I needed them... It's time to give back. Lots of great Americans in this club.

image.jpg
    R. Reece Mullins
    MOA # 143779
    MOA charter club #5
    BoD Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    I'll be attending the Alabeembers meeting this Sunday in Birmingham.
    cool! I will see you there.

The Alabeemers are among my best friends and I've been a member for a while now.

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '06 HP2e || '07 Xchallenge || '14 Grom

Jim's ride....

and Reece... I don't know how you managed to get a photo of Jim without the huge smile he almost always wears, but.....

Oh, it wasn't easy getting the photo. Every time I lifted my phone I got the adventure rider salute accompanied with silliness. I had to sneak this one.
    Last edited by rangerreece; 01-28-2016 at 04:42 PM.
    R. Reece Mullins
    MOA # 143779
    MOA charter club #5
    BoD Candidate

Jim & Shelia are good folks and my buddies! Most all the BMW Club of Alabama members are like family to me .
    Gail Thorne
    2014 G650GS

silliness.... Kalahan?????

Looks like my kind of people.
    Ride Well

So my president, Jim, yep, I paid my 25 bucks today, fussed me out for not posting the picture of him demonstrating the adventure rider salute. So at the risk of the rest of the MOA finding out how un-presidential acting the Alabama charter club president is, (I think that ship sailed when Ian posted pictures of Jim licking Vance's face) here ya go.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    R. Reece Mullins
    MOA # 143779
    MOA charter club #5
    BoD Candidate

Jim's a great American, it's good to see the good work he and Vance have done for the Alabama Club. I finally got to meet Ian (Visian). Very exciting finally meeting long time friends from the forums. It was also really great to reconnect with friends that were there for me years ago when I was a baby in the BMW mottorad world. I met a member that is a former Marine named, Doug. I think he will be a new MOA member soon. Vance an I talked to him, and Vance had a Feb copy of the ON and an application. I really hope he joins. I sat in the back, and listened. I was there to participate and facilitate. Speaking of facilitate, here's a quick snapshot of the MOAL schedule for this year. Fresh off the butcher block, not yet uploaded to the website. So if your looking for something to do this year in conjunction with your already packed riding schedule, here you go. The Chicken Rally at Telico Plains TN, rally costs also pays for your GS Giants event co-rally... So a lot of bang for your buck on that one. Keep up with the MOAL website for registration and information on any of the club's events.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    R. Reece Mullins
    MOA # 143779
    MOA charter club #5
    BoD Candidate

image.jpg

Had a pickett fence on the odometer today. Had to pull over off I-65 north and record the event on my way to the meeting. It was strange today as after I noticed this I kept seeing series of 1's. CR 111, 11 miles to turn, 1.1 miles to turn (every time I looked at GPS) 11 miles to next town... Etc. some kinda mojo going on today.
    R. Reece Mullins
    MOA # 143779
    MOA charter club #5
    BoD Candidate

lagator
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    Jim's a great American, it's good to see the good work he and Vance have done for the Alabama Club. I finally got to meet Ian (Visian). Very exciting finally meeting long time friends from the forums. It was also really great to reconnect with friends that were there for me years ago when I was a baby in the BMW mottorad world. I met a member that is a former Marine named, Doug. I think he will be a new MOA member soon. Vance an I talked to him, and Vance had a Feb copy of the ON and an application. I really hope he joins. I sat in the back, and listened. I was there to participate and facilitate. Speaking of facilitate, here's a quick snapshot of the MOAL schedule for this year. Fresh off the butcher block, not yet uploaded to the website. So if your looking for something to do this year in conjunction with your already packed riding schedule, here you go. The Chicken Rally at Telico Plains TN, rally costs also pays for your GS Giants event co-rally... So a lot of bang for your buck on that one. Keep up with the MOAL website for registration and information on any of the club's events.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Enjoyed seeing you again this week-end Reese. Glad that you rejoined the club. One small correction to your post, The "Chicken Rally" is in Dunlap, Tenn., not Telco Plains. Hope that you can make it.

Gator

Thanks Gator. Yeah I saw that in this month's ON regarding the location. Maybe I thought I heard Telico pains during the meeting , but the ON is obviously correct. It was really good, I mean really good seeing the gang again and especially you and Wanda. I just love to hear y'all talk with those Cajun accents.
    R. Reece Mullins
    MOA # 143779
    MOA charter club #5
    BoD Candidate

lagator
    Thanks Reese, hope we see you at some of the club meetings this year. Ride safe

Gator

Hey there Gator!
    Gail Thorne
    2014 G650GS

lagator
    Back at Ya Gail. Missed y'all this past week end in B-ham.

Gator