• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

700 Million....on the way to a Billion :-)

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
Well, do you feel lucky?

It's only 292 million to one :hungover No chance if you don't play. Good luck.

Powerball Saturday$

O$$$$$M

What would I do with 700 million dollars worth of BMW motorcycles? My garage struggles to hold two.
I would hope you would buy a really nice UH1 and make a quick trip to Dillon AERO, after picking me up of course .:wave
om

I would hope you would buy a really nice UH1 and make a quick trip to Dillon AERO, after picking me up of course .:wave
om

Dude, you so totally know me.

I think you would learn to fly a jet instead of those flip wing zippos.:wave

Jets... Um, yes but only two, one they don't make any more, an F-4 phantom but that would only be my second choice. A-10 warthog. My jet of choice. I would paint a BMW roundel on the side, and of course I would have enough money that BMW couldn't sue me for copyright infringement.

I rarely participate in lotteries, but I did buy some tickets for this one. Kinda depressing to think that I'll only get a bit over $400 million after taxes.

It doesn't take a lottery winner to screw-up a fortune........Look at sports figures :eek
If anyone wins and has regrets on winning, PM me- I'll help you through it.
OM

Scientific American reports that for $600 million you could buy tickets with every possible combination, i.e. you'd win.

$600 million to win $1.3 billion is a pretty good return on investment ... the rich can get richer.

Scientific American reports that for $600 million you could buy tickets with every possible combination, i.e. you'd win.

$600 million to win $1.3 billion is a pretty good return on investment ... the rich can get richer.

Report I heard was that it would take 9 years to print all those tickets :hungover
OM

It has been done. The group involved did not succeed in buying every possible combination due to a series of glitches, but they won. They were featured on 60 Minutes I believe. The amounts spent and won were far below $600 million.

It has been done. The group involved did not succeed in buying every possible combination due to a series of glitches, but they won. They were featured on 60 Minutes I believe. The amounts spent and won were far below $600 million.

If you are going to try it, be aware that the rules have changed. It used to be around 1 in 172 million. Now it's around 1 in 292 million. If you have a co-winner, it probably won't work out for you.
OM

I suspect that after taxes it would be less than $600 million. If someone wins this, it should be very close to making the federal government solvent again... you know if the federal government put tax money toward the debt.

With the lottery being all the buzz just now,talking to a food delivery guy just tonight. He said his neighbor won millions a few years back. She spent a small amount on herself, did some house upgrades , and spends the rest helping others. Mostly sick kids & their families, and a few random charities . He said getting to know her over the years, he wasn't surprised at all. She's just a very giving person......Kudos too her ! !

Just in- three winners!
Eddie Murphy stunt double dispenses one of the winners!

abc_powerball_winning_store_chino_03_jc_160114_4x3_992.jpg

I did pretty well my self- according to a Nigerian Prince, I have one one of their lottery deals- for a million. It was a dollar a year for a million years :dance
I just had to send the Prince a $15,000 dollar processing fee.......You know, it's like a DOC fee at the dealer- but different :deal
Kinda interesting as I was also notified via Verizon e-mail that the IRS wanted to give me a refund, all I had to do is click on the link :banghead

Anyway- everybody- be careful. There have been an amazing about of scams through the interwebz lately. Don't let your curiosity get the best of you.....Reach for delete. Especially if your first instinct is that you don't understand something in the e-mail.
OM

I suspect that after taxes it would be less than $600 million. If someone wins this, it should be very close to making the federal government solvent again... you know if the federal government put tax money toward the debt.

I disagree.....the taxes will be under 600M (depending on your home state). That will leave ~750M for your relatives and neighbors to gossip about......

Back