Thread: Replacing windshield brackets on 2009 R1200RT

Replacing windshield brackets on 2009 R1200RT

Morning all,
    Could someone please point me in the right direction for instruction on how to replace the upper and lower windshield brackets on an 2009 R 1200RT...
    Thank-you,
    Matthew

drgnhtr

Hexhead Tech

Look under hexhead tech for fairing removal and wire run. The pictures etc. should get you there.

Pretty easy at least the top ones. I hear the bottom ones may be pressed on but can be done. I just upgraded my top ones and with the windshield removed it's pretty straight forward. The spring can be a bugger somewhat but nothing too diff.

Check your PM...

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drgnhtr View Post
    Look under hexhead tech for fairing removal and wire run. The pictures etc. should get you there.
    http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread....ssory-Wire-Run

I replaced my uppers following those instructions when I got a Cee Bailey windshield. Didn't see a need to replace the lowers. Also my bike had some plastic bushings on the upper pins which do not show in these instructions and do not show in the parts fiche at Max BMW. Not sure why but didn't seem to matter much.

Thank you for all your help. Will be doing this repair this week. And will give a shout out if I run into any problems. Looks simple but we all know the simpler it looks the difficult it will become!
    Matthew