• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Where's This?

RTRandy said:
Relatively high ranking "Must ride" roads in the US.

Anyone? Anyone?

All i can say after the pictures is damn I want to try it on for size...

Koop

OK you Midwesterners

Recognize this?
24562293-M.jpg

knary said:
old pic...

03_bike_coast.jpg

The name of the photo will only help you figure out that it's out on the coast.

Heceta Head Lighthouse is above the Lion Caves - 12 miles north of Florence off Highway 101.

11317 said:
Recognize this?
24562293-M.jpg

OK, a WAG here... I rode up along someplace that looked like this last year.... to a client meeting at the Mayo Clinic.

Is this the Mississippi River at the Great River Bluffs State Park near Winona, MN? If not, it sure looks like it!

Ian

Visian said:
OK, a WAG here... I rode up along someplace that looked like this last year.... to a client meeting at the Mayo Clinic.

Is this the Mississippi River at the Great River Bluffs State Park near Winona, MN? If not, it sure looks like it!

Ian

Still too far north. Here's another view from the same spot

24562289-M.jpg

11317 said:
Still too far north. Here's another view from the same spot

24562289-M.jpg

Thats the Black Hawk Bridge Rt 9 Iowa across the Mississippi River from Lansing into Wisconsin, where it becomes WI 82.

SFDOC said:
Thats the Black Hawk Bridge Rt 9 Iowa across the Mississippi River from Lansing into Wisconsin, where it becomes WI 82.
I just found this thread, and was going to say the same thing. Have spent many nights at the Fitzgerald House bed and breakfast at the base of the bridge on the Iowa side. The pic was taken from Moumt Hosmer Park. How did you recognize it SFDOC?

Visian said:

Yeah, Umm, Easy? Lets see you are somewhere West of the Continental Divide and East of the Sierra Nevada's. Somewhere between there and south of say Reno to Cabo San Lucas? How close am I so far?

You are riding Southwest on a primarily North to South road through a desert that looks a like Nevada or California, could be in Death Valley, could be outside Las Vegas, it's late in the day and the temperatures are cool. And there is at least one other person with you.

EDIT: Ian how close to Pahrump, NV are you? Because that is what the ground surface looks like. All the way from there to the North end of Death Valley.

SFDOC said:

CORRECT! Both views taken from Mt. Hosmer Park in Lansing, IA along the Great River Road.

SFDOC said:
Yeah, Umm, Easy?

... snip

EDIT: Ian how close to Pahrump, NV are you? Because that is what the ground surface looks like. All the way from there to the North end of Death Valley.

Cold as a stone!

East of the Continental Divide, central time zone, middle of nowhere, but totally somewhere. ;)

Ian

Visian said:
Cold as a stone!

East of the Continental Divide, central time zone, middle of nowhere, but totally somewhere. ;)

Ian

OK Umm Easy Guy, What part of Texas are you in ? South of I-10?

Back