• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Dear, "guys-who-Know-what-they're-doing"

the Wizard of Oz
Re posting photos here

You photog's delight me. I enjoy so much of this section of the forum, but I'm jealous.

Why must I always go find some website with a free program that allows me to re-size my photos? What am I missing?:scratch

Thanx

If you are linking in photos from another online photo sharing site, there's no requirement for resizing. If you're uploading pictures to the MOA servers, then there is a set limit to the size the photos should be. Even then, if you try and upload an image that is slightly bigger than the limit, the forum software should reduce the size to fit...if that size is just too big, you'll get an error or it won't load.

The limits were set at a time when MOA storage space was smaller, cost a lot, etc. Maybe not the issue much anymore, but then again, there is the desire to keep a lid on things. It used to be that you could only upload a single picture per post...that has been expanded to three. Another reason there is a limit is to keep people from uploading an 8 megapixel picture to the forum which requires the member to scroll left and right, up and down to see the picture. Having the size requirement is what makes things more viewer-friendly.

You don't really have to go find a free program to do the resizing. Most operating systems, Windows certainly does, has a built in program called Paint which can do that process. Once you've resized the photo, you do need to save it to your local machine before you start the upload process using the forum software.

HTH...

When you resize, save the new sized image under a different name. Then you still have a large original to use for other things.

You don't really have to go find a free program to do the resizing. Most operating systems, Windows certainly does, has a built in program called Paint which can do that process. Once you've resized the photo, you do need to save it to your local machine before you start the upload process using the forum software.

HTH...

If you are running Apple, try "Preview".
OM

Help please!
I have just loaded the latest Photoshop CC, and when I attempted to open an old Kodak Cd, that format is no longer supported natively in Photoshop. Are there any add-ins or other workarounds? I would like not to load an older version of photoshop. I had, at that time, professionally scanned via high end drum scanner, a series of older images, and if I can easily get to them, would make life a little easier. Thanks now for any ideas; I really appreciate it.

John

Back