Thread: Broken bulb spring retainer?

Broken bulb spring retainer?

Has anyone else had the little tabs that hold the bulb retainer spring break? On my 07GSA the little tabs that hold the pivot side of the retainer spring were broken when I opened it up to replace the bulb. Looking more closely at them, and on the intact high beam spring, they seem to be made of a pot metal type material.

I was able to slightly modify the spring and retain it under the small Phillips head screw on the pivot side. During previous bulb changes I always thought it was a sort of hinkey system for retaining the bulb. It looks like to replace the pot metal tabs would mean buying a whole new inner assembly. Glad there was a good workaround.

Rusty
    Austin, TX
    Two Wheeled Texans
    2009 R1200GSA

Quote Originally Posted by Woodbutcher View Post
    Thanks for posting that! Different than the way I fixed the problem but a great solution. After looking at the little nubs I figured I couldn't be the first one this happened to n

Just posted a fix to this under the spring clip thread in Motorad. Moderator may want to move it over here?
    Talmadge Wright
    '12 R1200 GSA
    '14 R nine T

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by talmadge_w View Post
    Just posted a fix to this under the spring clip thread in Motorad. Moderator may want to move it over here?
    I'll look it over a bit later and add both threads to the Tag Cloud for future reference
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

OLD BULL

Beemer Boneyard

I just order some other stuff from the Boneyard and saw they have premade clips for H7bulbs for $17 each. Another option.