• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Back in the saddle again.....

willhawks

About 6 weeks ago I ended up in the hospital and had 3 stints as well as a pacemaker installed in this old carcass. I was unable to ride for 6 weeks as I was not allowed to lift or pull more than 15lbs with the left arm. Yesterday I took Sgt Shultz out for a nice 200 mile ride. I used the fact that I had just painted the rocker boxes crackle red as a cause for celebration. Once again, the good Sargent reminded me why I have been riding BMW's all these years. 81,000 miles, burns no oil, clutch solid, stable as a rock at speed and doesn't gasp and wheeze (SP?) when I get to the twisties. Now if I can only get my lower back to calm down, I can begin to burn the miles in earnest.

Best,

Will

Good to hear you are back enjoying the ride...and talking about it.

gotta ask was it you or the bike gasping or wheezing in the twisties:dunno

Sorry...couldn't miss that pitch:laugh:laugh:laugh

It would be nice if you went to Campfire and posted how you set your mind to overcome your challenges. I have a post there that seems to be a bit sideways to my original intent which was to tell stories of overcoming challenge so you can get back or stay in the saddle.

Good for you that you faced this, didn't let it defeat you but please, tell the story of how you did defeat it.

Thanks to all

For your words of encouragement. I will be begining a thread in the Campfire Section.

Best,

Will

Back