• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Moto316

Anyone out there have experience with Moto-Skiveez. I was thinking about buying a pair of the adventure underwear. Expensive at $60 but would be worth it if they help. I thought I would ask first and see what the group says.

Thanks for your help.

I haven't worn them so I have no experience with them.
They had a booth at the rally and I quizzed them about their shorts.
I was unimpressed. Basically bicycle shorts with oversize padding.
Over priced IMHO but a lot cheaper then having your seat redone.

You'll find a good selection of adventurous underwear over at www.victoriassecret.com, but it'll probably cost a lot more than $60. Definitely helps.

Oh, wait..

Sorry, new glasses come in tomorrow.

I've got a pair and they're OK but I'm not sure they're worth what they cost. I use an Airhawk so I don't really need the padding built into them. I prefer LD Comfort for cooler weather or Exofficio sport mesh for hot.

I've got them. I bought a pair each for my wife and I for a Alps tour last September when I knew we'd be on a stock GS seat for a week. Since I didn't ride without them on the stock set I can't really compare other than I didn't notice I was on a stock GS seat. I think that may be testament enough. My wife decided she found them comfortable for long rides too.

One of the first mods to my 2012 GSA was to have the stock seat rebuilt by Baldwin Saddles. I decided that was necessary during my first 600 mile break-in trip. Maybe BMW has upped the ride-ablility of the WC seats??? Everybody is different. I'm glad I bought them.

I don't know about the seat on the WC GS, but the one on the RT is still pretty bad. I can do one, maybe two hours on it. But I've done 11-12 hour days with the Airhawk.

Do note that the pad on the Moto-Skiveez is in the butt rather than the crotch like bicycle shorts. It feels weird when you're walking around but it's no big deal.

I have a pair that I have worn once. They are of the sport-touring style that has padding on the thighs and butt, used them on an 03 K1200GT. They seemed to help with the ride but I found them to be pretty hot and they felt really weird when off the bike. Of course they don't work at all with the upright seating of the K1100LT. Bottom line, I prefer my LD Comforts and my Alaska Leathers sheep skin.
Jeff

i just bought a pair at the Billings rally and rode 700 miles + the first day on my ride home with no butt issues. Wouldn't have made 400 miles with my LD comforts without some discomfort, so I have to go down in the plus side as an advocate for the product. I actually gave my extra large LD comfort shirt away to another friend at the rally, as I haven't been able to get used to the heavy shirt when not running down the highway. Found I have better luck with non-motorcycle running air wicking shirts such as the ones that are given away at half and full marathons.

You'll find a good selection of adventurous underwear over at www.victoriassecret.com, but it'll probably cost a lot more than $60. Definitely helps.

Oh, wait..

Sorry, new glasses come in tomorrow.

Yeah, and your link doesn't work.....::cry

Screwed up on two counts.

Maybe three, depends :) on laundry :) as there are some used LD's in the F/M :eek
OM

So, let's say I meet my fellow PA resident, Rockbottom, some day. Do I immediately start a discussion on whether he's chosen Exofficio or LD for that day or hold off until some later time?

The underwear choices of MOA members should be off limits and band from the Forum. I know there's a risk that some super models or perhaps successful actresses, like Anne Hathaway, are MOA members and might provide interesting comments on under garments, but I doubt it. For the rest of you, answer the OP's question like you're talking to your grandmother...

Last edited:
I purchased a pair of Moto-Skiveez last year in St. Paul. They were pricey (~$60 on website), but the feller at the vendor booth had a good story so I decided to try a pair. I don't recall now which "type" (sport or adventure, likely not cruiser) I got. I was on a oilhead RS, so maybe the adventure. They are like bicycle shorts in that a pad is located in the crotch/lower butt region and there is no "door" to easily relieve onself (#1, #2 is still by conventional means). For riding they were OK, but not magic. A long day is still a long day. Unless one is in a really dry climate the pad will not be dry if the shorts are washed out in a sink the previous evening. [I think some of my old bicycle shorts might be equally as effective as these - need to experiment.]. Link to website follows -
http://motoskiveez.com/

In with my riding gear I also found a pair of TwistedCore riding underwear, purchased at some rally in the past. These don't see much use and I don't recall any details about cost. Nothing stands out in my memory about good/bad features for use. These shorts also lack a "door" for relief (#1). I can't find an active website for this product; there was a facebook page, but I don't "do" facebook. Perhaps this company has gone bust.
https://www.facebook.com/twistedcore1
I did find a comparison review between these and LD Comfort -
http://www.theglforum.com/articles/30-ldcomfort-and-twisted-core
Twisted Throttle still sells these riding shorts (~$20 marked down from the original $40 price) -
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/twistedcore-all-season-compression-shorts

I've used LD Comfort underwear for a while (the wife uses and likes these best). Both the short and long underwear are used (depending on temperatures expected). Pretty comfortable. Have purchased at rallies and on-line via website. [I like to wash underwear first time prior to wearing, so don't usually buy at rally expecting immediate use. But, sometimes circumstances dictate otherwise.] On-line cost about $45 for shorts and $56 for long tights. These underwear have a sort of "door" for men's #1 relief - women's #1 and all #2 by conventional means. The sort of "door" can be a bit fiddly if one has waited almost too long for that rest stop and/or has cold hands. Easy to sink wash and wring out for drying; mostly dry in morning except for high-humidity climes, but doesn't matter as one will be soaking wet with sweat in short order anyway.
http://ldcomfort.com/mens-dryline-shorts.html
http://ldcomfort.com/riding-tights-for-men.html

I have a number of ExOfficio underwear shorts - these (and the Wicker America shorts) are used daily for general unders. I figured that they were good enough for sitting all day on the bike, why not in a regular chair? In past years the ExOfficio shorts could be found on Amazon at prices around $15 per pair; this was significantly less than price on the ExOfficio website. Alas, the price is higher now. Sierra Trading Post is still showing prices of $18.50 per pair; current Amazon prices are a bit less than $21 per pair; higher prices (but more offerings) on ExOfficio website. These shorts were quite comfortable for all-day rides and have expected "access ports" for #1 relief. Easy to sink wash and pretty quick to dry.
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/ex...officio-underwear~bs~5881~584/&colorFamily=01
http://www.amazon.com/ExOfficio-124...sim_468_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1Y8QC8DBT8MWMZ71R6KR
http://www.exofficio.com/products/mens/underwear

By far and away the type of shorts that I primarily use are those from Wicker America - the biker boxer shorts. The current cost is $22 per pair; most of mine were purchased in prior years for average costs of about $15 per pair. Wickers America periodically has 20% off sales and sometimes will have a price break for multiple purchases. The biker shorts are made without a seam in the butt / thigh region - this makes these shorts much more comfortable as a seam can "seem" to become worrisome as the day wears on. These shorts are used for daily wear as well as on all-day rides.
http://wickers.com/mens-biker-boxer-wa638/

Last edited:
Yeah, and your link doesn't work.....::cry

Screwed up on two counts.

Actually, intentionally not a link. Didn't want to cause heart failure in our many, umm... mature members. Figured those young enough to handle it would also be web savvy enough to find it.

So, let's say I meet my fellow PA resident, Rockbottom, some day. Do I immediately start a discussion on whether he's chosen Exofficio or LD for that day or hold off until some later time?

The underwear choices of MOA members should be off limits and band from the Forum. I know there's a risk that some super models or perhaps successful actresses, like Anne Hathaway, are MOA members and might provide interesting comments on under garments, but I doubt it. For the rest of you, answer the OP's question like you're talking to your grandmother...

Just to make it easy on you, I'll wear them outside my pants.

I too bought a pair of Moto Skivies (adventure) at the rally. I wore them for most of the way home and thought they were better than the high performance underwear I usually wear. I didn't wear them on the last day and regretted it.

I also got their socks which I found to be on the long side but very comfortable especially after rolling them down so they were just below my knee.

I'll get another pair of shorts next year and wash them out every couple of days.

Bought a pair in Billings. Washed them as advised by the folks, and rode a short day 300 miles, and they seemed fine. Washed them and rode a long day, and developed a rash from the d*** things. (That's never happened before) Needless to say that they are a complete waste of money....They feel weird, and don't support the boys.

Washed them and rode a long day, and developed a rash from the d*** things.

I would check whatever soap/detergent you used. Any residue from today's concentrated detergents trapped in a confined space can lead to irritation.

Anyone out there have experience with Moto-Skiveez.

Nope. At that price, you can buy a few pairs of bicycle shorts.

You basically want to eliminate overlapping seams or the edges of your underwear because those are what you feel on a long ride.

Nope. At that price, you can buy a few pairs of bicycle shorts.

You basically want to eliminate overlapping seams or the edges of your underwear because those are what you feel on a long ride.

Well, the Moto Skiveez are not the same as bicycle shorts. Whether they're worth the premium can be debated, but they're not the same. (E.g. motorcycle specific padding rather than bicycle style padding, mesh material in non leaky places).

Back