• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

When a Harley rider buys a BMW . . .

JUNKLE

Words fail me . . . :cry

wtf.jpg

I didn't know they made bikes that ugly in 1953 . . .

C.

Sadly it was at a motorcycle "show" (quotation marks used because, while there were some nice bikes there, it was waste of time going to it).

I still just can't imagine doing that to a 1953 anything.

c.

haha, i would totally take that bike, for the "ratbikes and sweatpants" gang

While I can't honestly say I like it, I do bet the guy who owns it has fun with it. I guess that is the main thing.

Better to be ridden ugly than stored beautiful . . .

c.

Campanula said:
While I can't honestly say I like it, I do bet the guy who owns it has fun with it. I guess that is the main thing.

Better to be ridden ugly than stored beautiful . . .

c.

Agreed!

It does grow on you, but the seat has to go.

That's how choppers really got started kids. Folks took the bike they had and changed it around to the way they wanted it.

:dunno

KBasa said:
That's how choppers really got started kids. Folks took the bike they had and changed it around to the way they wanted it.

:nod

The ugliest part is the seat and that's mostly a reflection of when this bike was modified.

I am so not a cruiser guy (is that Helen I hear laughing), but I'd love to see what someone like the folks at zero engineering would do with an old beemer.

50wl3.jpg

48ham.jpg

KBasa said:

Not just choppers. Modifying things to suit our taste is one of the joys of motorcycles, particularly "naked" bikes like the Roadster and the Rockster.

The seat still has to go.

And whats up with the drip pan under the engine. It is a German chopper not British :laugh

BMWBeauty said:
Most Men Sould Know....
Some Can't See Ugly Through Blood Shot Eyes...... :lol

:laugh, Not ment as a challenge or editorial comment BMWBeauty, perhaps I should have paraphrased the old saying and written - but ugly cuts to the frame.
:hide

And yet, another Beauty

A friend of ours had fun with an old airhead and created this beauty. It is actually quite nice!

Attachments

• AaronsBMW.JPG
    AaronsBMW.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 50
Another shot

Here is another picture of Aaron Haefer's BMW Cruiser..... :clap

Attachments

• hardlyharley.jpg
    hardlyharley.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 48
Back