• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW RT Purchase

broumandan

I am new to BMW MOA after several BMW auto...I am ready for my first Rt.
I like a 1150 RT...I am looking for a good dealer to work with...any suggestion???
I am located out side of Washington DC.

:)

If to go on the BMW website: www.bmwmotorcycles.com they have a dealer locater. There's a couple of dealers in Maryland, but don't know if that's too far. Good luck

Morton's below could be a good start

Morton's BMW Motorcycles
5099a Jefferson Davis Highway
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
(540) 891-9844

Might be worth a visit to:
Trans-Am Cycles (717)626-4765 :clap
933 Lititiz Pike
Lititiz, PA. 17543
Good prices and great service dept!

DC dealers

I purchased my bike from BOB's BMW in Maryland because they had a good price on some left over 04 RT's. I live closer to Mortons so they do the services. I have had good experiences with both. The moral of the story is it does no matter where you purchases the bike any dealer will service it.

I moved this over to Oilheads, where it should see more traffic.

Welcome aboard!

Ride a 1200RT before you buy an 1150, or at least compare them by riding both. The 1200 is a far superior bike.

Check out Morton's BMW in Fredericksburg, VA. They will let you test ride a new 1200RT. I purchased mine on August 2nd and love it. Great dealership from sales to service to parts. I hope this helps you out. They also have a web site...www.mortonsbmw.com

Eureka said:
Ride a 1200RT before you buy an 1150, or at least compare them by riding both. The 1200 is a far superior bike.

Except the looks, the tall 1st gear and the non-O.D. 6th gear.

Dealer

I would recommend both Bob's and Mortons. Just to geeze for a second, I was a cutomer of Bob's when he worked out of his house and garage. I was also a customer of Mortons when they were selling chain saws, mowers, weedwackers, and BMW motorcycles, and working on them all in the same shop.

Times have changed, but both dealerships are run by riders and the owners are at the shop. Both are first class operations.

Ride On! :clap

Isn't Bob's BMW over that way in Jessup, MD? Is that close to you? Very cools store and loads of toys to buy...check out the antiques too.

DC dealers

Corbster,

There are 3 dealers in the immediate DC area: Bob's, Morton's and Battley's. Talk to each to get your best deal. Talk with the folks on BMWBMW (local club) for their opinions on these dealers. Battley's is a multibrand dealer so there is a mixed crowd there. I think Battley's gets a bad rap from many of the local BMW riders. I have bought 2 BMWs from Battley's. Look for Paul there, he's a longtime BMW rider.

You should have a great selection for an R1150RT. My dealer has had more than usual; they came off BMW leases.

Fred

I really enjoyed when I visited Morton's in Fredericksburg. Ask to talk with Jeff Dunkle, he's been in the BMW world long before he was salesman. He posts a lot on the Yahoo KBMW boards.
Chris

Locale

pudgypaintguy said:
Isn't Bob's BMW over that way in Jessup, MD? Is that close to you?

Paintguy

If you were asking me if I'm close to Bob's, the answer is no. I relocated to So. Florida a few years ago. I have been back and keep up on the local hubbub though my old riding buds.

Ride on. :clap

shiloh said:
Might be worth a visit to:
Trans-Am Cycles (717)626-4765 :clap
933 Lititiz Pike
Lititiz, PA. 17543
Good prices and great service dept!

I checked trans_ams web site...several possibilities???
Thank you

Eureka said:

It may be out of my price range...and I am never sure with BMW...on first model year...???

GJBushman said:
Corbster,

There are 3 dealers in the immediate DC area: Bob's, Morton's and Battley's. Talk to each to get your best deal. Talk with the folks on BMWBMW (local club) for their opinions on these dealers. Battley's is a multibrand dealer so there is a mixed crowd there. I think Battley's gets a bad rap from many of the local BMW riders. I have bought 2 BMWs from Battley's. Look for Paul there, he's a longtime BMW rider.

I agree...I visited battley many times...they are always pleasant...and i did purchase parts and accessories ... I never discussed motorcycle purchase with them...

Back