Thread: r69us 1968 - telescoping forks

r69us 1968 - telescoping forks

What is the approximate value of the Earles Fork models vs the Telescoping forks? Looking at R69US in very nice shape.

However, I'm concerned that a collector that I've spoken to tells me that telescoping forks models are worth "40-50%" less than the Earles Fork models.

Any opinions would be gratefully received.

Dan

Dan -

Welcome to the forum! I think that it is generally true that a US fork will be less expensive than an Earles fork model, all things being equal. But it's a matter of personal choice in the end.

If the bike is in "very nice shape" per your statement, I'll throw out $8-10K as a starting price, although there is one US forked R60 in the Flea Market now for more than that.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

about the same just preference

the earles fork maybe slightly more valuable from a collectors point of view , but i wouldn;'t give it much of an advantage.
    for a really good one with that runs good and has slinger work done and not restored 8-9K restored completely just what your willing to pay

Quote Originally Posted by urbanistica View Post
    What is the approximate value of the Earles Fork models vs the Telescoping forks? Looking at R69US in very nice shape.

However, I'm concerned that a collector that I've spoken to tells me that telescoping forks models are worth "40-50%" less than the Earles Fork models.

Any opinions would be gratefully received.

Dan