Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 National in Vermont

Joe.Nist
    Only 11 hours here to there. Does anyone know are the "fingerlakes" groups doing a tour (group ride) to the ralley? I was in Trenton and a group rode there from the Fingerlakes region and a couple of them camped around me. They said the had a ball riding getting there.

Thanks

Joe.nist@gmail.com

oh man, i drove up to the finger lakes from NYC this summer and that drive was simply amazing. i bet going from there through the adirondacks and up to vermont would be just beautiful. maybe i should try and meet up with them if they are going up in a group.

I don't know about any group rides to the rally but I hear that the Adventure Riders might organize something before the rally and I also hear that there maybe an "official before rally campground" that will be open only for rally goers!
    Can't wait.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by enjine
    oh man, i drove up to the finger lakes from NYC this summer and that drive was simply amazing. i bet going from there through the adirondacks and up to vermont would be just beautiful. maybe i should try and meet up with them if they are going up in a group.
    Jason Kaplitz
    Johnstown, Pa
    Laurel Highlands BMW Riders #294

2006 RA Rally + MOA Rally

I just got back from the RA National in Tennessee where it was announced that the 2006 RA National will be in Idaho in early July. Two weeks later the MOA National will be in Vermont. Now, there is a plan for a really cool ride.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John Brase
    I just got back from the RA National in Tennessee where it was announced that the 2006 RA National will be in Idaho in early July. Two weeks later the MOA National will be in Vermont. Now, there is a plan for a really cool ride.

John
    And the weekend between the two is the Top of the Rockies Rally.

PHILC

Talking

any chance there will be some gs adv type rides/sections at the rally? I did a ride through ct,nh,vt nys this summer ,the roads were GREAT! but wouldnt mind a little adventure off the betten path.[some one with local knowledge so it would be ridable on a 1150gs] just a thought .

Unregistered

06 National off road riding

Absolutely!

Michael Friedle
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    BMW MAO Board of Directors
    BMW MOA International Rally Co-Chair 99, 03, 06

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar

06 VT dirt riding opportunity

OK, that is the real Friedle writing above post. Not really sure why my little picture thingy didn't come up with the original post. Maybe my computer is still asleep this early in the morning.

Friedle
    Ride fast safely

Thumbs up That looks like the ride all right!

Vermont to Idaho- Idaho to Paonia- Paonia to Vermont....

Nothing beats a good excuse to ride cross-country in the summer-

-'cept maybe three good excuses!

The fairgrounds in Essex will make a great starting point for some great riding- upstate NY, Vermont, NH, and W. Mass are ALL full of fine twisties.
    ('twas very nice seeing you all there, btw!)

(STILL no martini smilie??)
    Phil Keppelman #20331
    MOA Rally Stage Manager
    The shortest distance between two points.............
    ain't how I got here......

How did the meeting to at the Exposition Center?
    Any major news?
    gsjay

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Friedle
    Please have a little patience. There's plenty of time before 20-23 July 06 for us to share LOTS of information about the cool things to see and do in Vermont. We will encourage you to come early and stay late so that you will have enough time to do half the things you're going to want to do while visiting the finest motorcycle roads in the Northeast.

If you have the time, there will be a BMW MOA Board of Directors meeting on 15 Oct 05 at the Rally site, the Champlain Valley Exposition in Essex Junction, VT. A site "walk about" will take place at 0900, with the open session of the Board meeting to follow. Any BMW MOA member or interested party is invited to attend.

Michael Friedle
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    BMW MOA Board of Directors
    BMW MOA International Rally Co-Chair 99, 03, 06

"VERMONT, It's Not Flat"
    Jason Kaplitz
    Johnstown, Pa
    Laurel Highlands BMW Riders #294

The best tidbit I've heard is the reservations at an off-site campground for early arrivals. Sunday! That could be more fun than the real thing with a smaller gathering. I'm a day away and might take the week off!

Greetings,

The site tour and meeting last Saturday was to introduce the facility to our members and give the BOD a chance to see the site.

We will be updating the rally page for November first. In the interim I offer the following on the pre-rally camping.

We have reserved an entire Vermont State Campground for the exclusive use of rally attendees from Monday through Wednesday. The campground is the Lake Carmi State Park

We have done this because the rally starts Thursday morning. The gates will open on Wednesday at noon for folks who want to get setup early so they can jump into seminars and rally activities first thing Thursday morning. Prior to noon Wednesday access will be restricted to setup volunteers. This is part of our contract with the facility and a safety issue as well.

We encourage you to come early and stay late; however you will not be able to come to the rally site before noon Wednesday unless you are on the volunteer list. The camping at Lake Carmi is in many ways better than the camping on site (think state park vs. large fairground) and there are small markets close at hand and larger stores by the interstate. If you arrive at the rally site before noon Wednesday you will be given a map to the campground along with a list of hotels and other campgrounds in the area. We have reserved Carmi to provide a very inexpensive place for our early arrivals to camp together prior to the opening of the gates at noon on Wednesday.

The camping at Carmi will be managed by the State; there will be no services other than camping and clean rest-rooms (with showers) on site. The camping price will be under $5 per person per night for Monday-Wednesday night on the ground and $6 per night in a lean-to. You can also reserve a site for the weekend before the rally by contacting the state of Vermont directly. As there will be no reservations accepted for any sites during our event there is no reason that if you arrive Friday that you would have to move on Monday.

The campground is approximately 40 miles north of the rally site. It is quite large and has a beach and day use area that will be open to the public while we are there. The closest town, Enosburg Falls, is 6 miles from the campground.

We selected Carmi because we want to welcome you to Vermont and offer a recommended spot for folks who would like to come early. There will be printed material on rides including many GS routes and other suggestions on great places to go. We will be making sure Vermont businesses are aware of the rally and encourage them to place discount coupons at the campground or host events that may appeal to our visitors.

As always the rally would not be a success without your help. We will be posting a list of committee chairs on November 1st. If you have an area of expertise or specific committee you would like to help out please contact the chair directly. If you would like to help out but are not sure when and where please send a note to volunteer.06rally@bmwmoa.org. Please indicate if you would like to come early to help setup what we hope will be a great event. Bear in mind that setup involves tasks such as hanging signs, assembling the stage, setting up the beer garden and opening registration to name a few. We can always use help with these critical tasks.

We are excited about having the International Rally in Vermont and are looking forward to a great time come July.

Best,
    Rob Nye
    06 R1200GSADV 06 R1200RTP
    IBA 250 My Iron Butt Rally Blog
    Bristol, Rhode Island USA
    Proud to move oil

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

computer newby

I am a local sugarmaker that rides a GS along with local farmers and loggers.
    We are planning to take visiting GS riders on some adventure tours(class 4 roads) to demonstrate that Vermont is not all ice cream and teddy bears.
    We don't know if there would be any interests. A rough plan would be to go on these rides either before or after the rally and follow up the rides with a pig roast later. Is there any interest?

What's a class 4 road? Is that a real term or an appropriation from white-water?
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad