• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Big and Tall clothing

G

Gator_steve

Where is a ggod place to find big and tall riding gear. I am 6'7" and 300# and a 2XL just does not get it.

Check www.aerostich.com The Roadcrafter suit is custom made. I'm non-standard in arm and leg length. I finally have a piece of moto clothing which fits 100% correct. The elbow and knee armor pads rest properly on the hinge points, arms don't tug, and lower half of the suit fits properly. I split about 50-50 between wearing the Roadcrafter or wearing leather pants and a fabric BMW jacket. If I had to chose, the one piece suit would get the nod for overall versatility.

I'd have to agree with Motard, Steve. Though I'm not as tall as you, I'm big in the shoulders and chest department and a lot of the off-the-rack stuff is a gamble. But I just recently received my Roadcrafter Jacket and was amazed at the custom fitÔÇöbased on my submitted measurementsÔÇöand the attention to detail in construction (my owner's card was signed by no less than 6 people responsible for constructing the garment!).

big boys gear

Try http://motoport.com/ they will fit to your size and do a good job of it.
However be prepared for a long wait, at least 6 weeks. I have both jacket and pants, love them both.
Let me know if you need further info.
David
Stockbridge Mi.

Super Size It

Thanks for the tips. I will check them out. Finding proper gear has been a challenge.

Back