Thread: What happened to all the posts in Oilheads?

What happened to all the posts in Oilheads?

The forum mainpage shows that over 9,000 threads should be here in Oilheads. Once you enter the Oilhead forum, however, only 2 pages worth are shown. Am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by jsouth View Post
    The forum mainpage shows that over 9,000 threads should be here in Oilheads. Once you enter the Oilhead forum, however, only 2 pages worth are shown. Am I doing something wrong?
    I got it figured out. For some reason, the Oilhead forum had a different setting than all the others for me. Ironic, considering that that is the forum I need.

can you share with me what you figured out? I am having the same problem.
    Thanks

Day Dreaming ... happy wanderer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KARSTEN View Post
    can you share with me what you figured out? I am having the same problem.
    Thanks
    In the main forum page where all the posts are listed scroll down to the bottom and find the "Thread Display Options" box. In it you will find the drop down box called "Show threads from the...". You can pick whatever amount of history suits you there. Set it and forget it.
    MJM - BeeCeeBeemers Motorcycle Club Vancouver B.C.
    '81 R80G/S, '82 R100RS, '00 R1100RT

Quote Originally Posted by happy wanderer View Post
    In the main forum page where all the posts are listed scroll down to the bottom and find the "Thread Display Options" box. In it you will find the drop down box called "Show threads from the...". You can pick whatever amount of history suits you there. Set it and forget it.
    Turns out that is a temporary change only. If you would like to have a different option other than the default, go to Settings in the upper right of the screen and find General Settings on the left. There you can change the default to whatever you like. That will then "set it and forget it".

Quote Originally Posted by jsouth View Post
    I got it figured out. For some reason, the Oilhead forum had a different setting than all the others for me. Ironic, considering that that is the forum I need.
    That appears to be the case...some forum areas are set to show threads from t1he beginning (Motorrad, Gear) while others, likely most, are set to show threads from the last month only. Not sure why that is, but it seems there set up a little different. I suspect it means slightly slower load times if the forum area is going to bring back all threads as opposed to just the last month. Then again, maybe you wouldn't notice with your computer and/or download speeds.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

thanks