• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Spring & Fall glove suggestions

Mar said:
Mine did okay in a 70mph, 50-foot, face-down, palms-down slide on a concrete interstate highway. The rivets did their job and some ripped out, but not all. The kangaroo skin performed very well. In fact, I still sometimes wear those gloves.

Good to know. Maybe mine were just showing their age or were an anomoly.

BTW, that sounds like a charming experience. :uhoh

Jtessler said:
Hi Mar, How would you stack up the Revit Celcius against your Helds in terms of overall comfort and waterproofing?

The Held gloves I have are not waterproof. I have not used the Revit gloves in rain yet but I expect them to perform well. Both are comfortable.

knary said:
BTW, that sounds like a charming experience. :uhoh

It was. Returning from Americade in 2001 I hit a deer at 70 mph on I-88 near Cobbleskill, NY. Wear the gear... I'm still here.

Mar said:
The Held gloves I have are not waterproof. I have not used the Revit gloves in rain yet but I expect them to perform well. Both are comfortable.
Thanks for the response, Marilyn. I've just ordered the Revit Tornado H20s. I've got a pair of lightweight summer Held's but am looking for something a bit more substantial... and waterproof.
tornadoblackgunmetalh2o175.jpg

The Held Storm I have are waterproof. Just not all the fancy stuff of some of the other gloves they make.

spring/fall gloves

Just got back from RA nat. I wore both my Summer and Winter BMW BMW gloves on the ride. I forgot that the Summer gloves have one feature that the Winter glove and most other gloves do not have. The left glove has a squeegee built into the index finger. It's a feature I've gotten use to using. Riding back from the rally it got cold and switched to the winter gloves. Then it started raining. I really found out out how much I used that sqeegee feature to wipe off rain drops off my Helmet windshield.

Back