• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rode to Mt. Lemmon last weekend...

johnnyquest

Which is nothing really special for most Tucsonans, but it was fun none the less. I jokingly called it "Old Geezers Day" on Mt Lemmon, the old geezers being our bikes of course :) A couple of friends from work road up with me, one has an '81 Goldwing and the other has an '83 Yamaha Venture. Another friend brought his wife along in the car and took these great pictures. At the top of the mountain at Summerhaven, we stopped and had coffee and pie while enjoying the 74 degree mid-day. Traffic was pretty light on the way up which made for a very fun ride.

My next trip will be my longest yet. I'm planning on riding from Tucson to Weatherford, TX to visit family. Weatherford is just west of Ft Worth and is about 950 miles one-way from my house. To date I have put 9000 miles on my K75s since I bought it last October which included a trip to Las Vegas and back as well as the trip up north to Heber for the Road Runner Rally. I've had no major problems with my bike on either trip and am confident it will run like a top to Texas. As I'm still a rookie I'm planning on stopping at about the half-way point on the way there and the way back as well. Each leg will be a bit longer than my trip to Vegas was, and I felt pretty good after that 6 hour ride....so I think it's a good plan. Anyways, here's some pics of our Mt Lemmon ride:

111.jpg

112.jpg

16.jpg

32.jpg

55.jpg

98.jpg

JQ

Dang - I was just there.....in a car

JohnnyQ - my heart is bleeding! I was just in Tucson for a quick four day trip to see my mom and do some chores for her around the house. On Monday the 19th we took my rental car up into the Catalinas. Ohhh, I wanted my bike in a baaaad way, oh well - mom didn't mind if I made motorcycle sounds on the way up and back.
Great road, thanks for sharing the ride and the pics.

Back