Thread: Bighorn Mtn Loop

Bighorn Mtn Loop

Did the Bighorn loop Sunday! 390 miles with lots of pictures, So I got to do Ten Sleep Canyon and Shell Canyon. Low temp was 29*f as I was pulling out from Power River pass. The first set of pictures are on HW 16 up and over and down Ten Sleep Canyon. Here is the trip map. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Mave...773523!1m0!3e0
    14 F700GS, Ride Safe, Richard (K7TNT) MOA #114372, IBA #59670 2015 Be the Adventure!

This is HW 14 going up from Graybull. Shell Canyon, Granite Pass 9,033 feet, Burgess Jct . Lunch at Bear Lodge at 8,000 feet then off the hill towards Dayton at just 4,000 feet.
    14 F700GS, Ride Safe, Richard (K7TNT) MOA #114372, IBA #59670 2015 Be the Adventure!

You are having too much fun to be legal.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Thanks for sharing the great pics!
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

Have been both routes through the Bighorn and loved them. Both times were in September and it was beautiful Here is a pic of my wife on her first motorcycle trip and one of her first mountain pass travels.
    I am too poor to buy cheap stuff, I need it to last forever (tewster2)

We live in far SW Texas and still get to the Bighorns almost every year. That is beautiful country. But I do have to ask. What is that white stuff I see in some of the photos?
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    We live in far SW Texas and still get to the Bighorns almost every year. That is beautiful country. But I do have to ask. What is that white stuff I see in some of the photos?
    Angel Dust left over from the blessing bestowed on those that get to ride in such a remarkable place. Kinda like the sand you have down in the glorious Big Bend area.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Quote Originally Posted by garthw View Post
    Have been both routes through the Bighorn and loved them. Both times were in September and it was beautiful Here is a pic of my wife on her first motorcycle trip and one of her first mountain pass travels.
    Very nice!

Been a very strange winter here and to get to do the Bighorn loop in March? I have got out all winter. A lot think that I'm just nuts, but I just love this little bike. P.S. maybe a little.