• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a picture of your Oilhead

That's a sweet pair of GSes and thanks for posting, but just so you know: your 1200 is classified on this forum as a Hexhead, not an Oilhead... even though it's an oilhead.

Hex..cuse the mistake, pictures reposted in the right section :thumb

Had it for a week now.

HPIM4947-L.jpg

HPIM4946-M.jpg

Bags are Nonfango, Givi top case not shown, nor are the Aeroflow fairing and lowers. Seat is by Russel and it's wired for Piaa driving lights.
Mileage is only 70K.
-K

bye bye

Please forgive me. After almost 20 years of Oil heads, 5 of them, RS, GS, RT and 2 S?s I?m leaving the fold. I picked this thing up last week; an 07? with only 8K miles on it!

The S, the best looking and most reliable Oil Head I've ever owned is going away.

i-3j7VMW8-M.jpg

Please forgive me. After almost 20 years of Oil heads, 5 of them, RS, GS, RT and 2 S?s I?m leaving the fold. I picked this thing up last week; an 07? with only 8K miles on it!

The S, the best looking and most reliable Oil Head I've ever owned is going away.

View attachment 39556

Sort of the next evolution of Oil Head isn't it?...Regardless, beautiful ride enjoy!!

While it is with a heavy heart that we, the SOMOA (the "S" Owners of MOA) bid you adieu, you can only look forward to further fun and frolic on your new bike.

A buddy of mine just bought a 1200R and, while I wouldn't talk to him for weeks, it turns out that the bike has made him very happy. He's installed a headlight fairing from Wunderlich which has transformed the look. Its reminiscent of the R90 and R100 S fairings. http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorcycle/R1200R/8601314-437.html

So, as you walk away from your friends here...don't look back. :laugh

Enjoy the ride!

Last edited:

I've long wanted an R1200R. Enjoy!

Nice ride Rad. I hope you enjoy the new R.

I trust you did not tell the new owner of your S about this group of incorrigible S riders here. All we need is your bike boomeranging back with a new owner. :)

I trust you did not tell the new owner of your S about this group of incorrigible S riders here. All we need is your bike boomeranging back with a new owner. :)

RAD - please do forward this forum to the new owner ASAP. We will need to instruct the new S owner on the proper methods of postings and how to only talk about good experiences with their S bike, and how the RS owner(s) resort to espionage, cover ups, and mis-information on this forum. :bolt

(Luckily, I do not personally know any RS owners ;) )

You guys are all nutters! I love it. This silly thread is the most fun one on this site. The other S owners, and I will admit, gasp.....the other non S Oil Head owners are great sports and a lot of fun.

Now I head off to a "post a pic" forum that is dominated by RT's.......Where is the fun in that?

I'm now retired and no longer have my mountain twisty road commute that the S craved. I'm now doing much more traveling. I have no need for another GS and an RT makes sense but they are Just too big. The R just fits the bill and my retirement poverty will not allow for keeping the S.

Just took a quick peek over at the Hexhead section (Man, there are some nice looking bikes over there). Looks like henzilla could use some help messing with the RTs. Go get em Rad. :)

Just took a quick peek over at the Hexhead section (Man, there are some nice looking bikes over there). Looks like henzilla could use some help messing with the RTs. Go get em Rad. :)

Good advice, It is always good for the new guy to side with a moderator:thumb

Good advice, It is always good for the new guy to side with a moderator:thumb

Just hold the phone for one moment there, young man.

I don't remember you asking if you could leave the "S" club. Anyone here get that request? Anyone?

Apparently not.

So...you're still in, pal. Alumni status. Allows unfettered and fully supported shots at Bluehole. Also qualifies you for at least one free beer at the rally in Salem.

Carry on.

Approved m/c budget appropriations for 2013 allowed for funding installation of new front and rear spring/dampers on my "S". This will further ensure that this "S" will never be passed by an "RS" model. (The price of these spring/dampers meets federal government OMB standards :D)

Attachments

• rear Ohlin_25.jpg
    rear Ohlin_25.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 268
Approved m/c budget appropriations for 2013 allowed for funding installation of new front and rear spring/dampers on my "S". This will further ensure that this "S" will never be passed by an "RS" model. (The price of these spring/dampers meets federal government OMB standards :D)

drif.gif

(stolen from advrider)

Near Port Clinton, PA. On my way home from Hermy's with a fresh set of skins. Had to take the long way home and scrub them in. :whistle

DSCF0039-S.jpg

Back