• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

I may have to sneak up there and joy ride every one of his bikes while he is at work. Would it be over the top to post pictures of me on each of his bikes? :D

Only if you're not doing a burnout or a wheelie. :D

Question: You east coast guys are attending Salem this year, right? I'm assuming Rad will be there as he lives just down the street.

2004 R1100S Purchase

It is almost exactly 6 years ago that I purchased my R1100S from a man near Salem, Ohio. Only 3,300 miles on it. My test ride was very limited due to the cold weather in Northeastern Ohio. Heck it looked so good, I just wanted to put it my garage and look at it every day anyway. :D

How many Mandarin Orange R1100S's can we get together at Salem?

Attachments

• r1100s_1.JPG
    r1100s_1.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 259
Rad,

sorry to learn of your wife's health problems.

That RS is a brilliant blue. I have seen it (or a very similar color) on other bikes before, but not on an RS. As a former RS owner, you are granted some (I mean a tiny bit) slack.

Thanks for the comment. The blue? Ya, about as bright as they come. I loved that bike and it took me all over. Truth be told, I went back and forth deciding between an RS or S when I went looking for another Oil Head.

It is almost exactly 6 years ago that I purchased my R1100S from a man near Salem, Ohio. Only 3,300 miles on it. My test ride was very limited due to the cold weather in Northeastern Ohio. Heck it looked so good, I just wanted to put it my garage and look at it every day anyway. :D

How many Mandarin Orange R1100S's can we get together at Salem?

I'm in! :bow

But I hear that there is a move afoot among owners of Pathetic Blue machines to take over the Salem rally!

What the...?!

A hit below the belt with that Pathetic Blue crack, indeed. There will be retribution meted out at an appropriate time.

The movement, though still secret, is on for "S" owners to take over the rally. Even Pavement Grey / Schoolbus Yellow ones are included. We have recruited a couple of "RS" riders to work as a fifth column. The overall plan, or pusch as it will become known, is taking shape. With a new BMWMOA leader about to be put in place, the time will be ripe for fighting in the streets, er, popping the caps off imported beer bottles. Don't blow it. Remember, loose lips spill beer. :laugh

What the...?!

A hit below the belt with that Pathetic Blue crack, indeed. There will be retribution meted out at an appropriate time.

The movement, though still secret, is on for "S" owners to take over the rally. Even Pavement Grey / Schoolbus Yellow ones are included. We have recruited a couple of "RS" riders to work as a fifth column. The overall plan, or pusch as it will become known, is taking shape. With a new BMWMOA leader about to be put in place, the time will be ripe for fighting in the streets, er, popping the caps off imported beer bottles. Don't blow it. Remember, loose lips spill beer. :laugh

Well, someone made a remark about Mandarin Oranges, so I just let things devolve from there. And, if you can't take it...toughen up. :D

Be careful with that putsch talk, we don't want to let it out that we're taking over! :deal

On the beer front, perhaps I could 'import' a few brewskis from our excellent local brewpub? Think I just might be able to smuggle some into Oregon in the sidecases!

Cheers!

On the beer front, perhaps I could 'import' a few brewskis from our excellent local brewpub? Think I just might be able to smuggle some into Oregon in the sidecases!

Cheers!

I was planning on doing the same thing. Can't carry a lot as I'll be on an extended tour but you'll be able to sample some imported stuff from Canuckland. Provided, of course, your customs guys let me across the border with them as four of 'em, drank in succession, might be termed a WMD. :laugh

must start list...

I think I will start a list too. S Bike trouble makers:

SeabeckS
BC1100S
k75s
terham
festes
Rad
bikerfish1100
Nishka

Honorable Mention:

ANDYVH - Got to sneak up to Wisconsin and ride his R100RS while he is at work.

Good luck on that Bluehole; I work from my home and my R100RS is in the front atrium of the house, AND you'd have past my two ferocious guard kitties! Their "meowrs" are worse than their rubs.

Back