• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

How about my "pair" Oil and Air

My 76 R100RS (first BMW I've owned) and my 94 R1100RS, at a car show in Appleton WI. Combined miles for the two bikes is now 65,000 (76) and 170,000 (94) for 235,000 miles of smiles!

Attachments

• Fall10 001.jpg
    Fall10 001.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 267
Nice collection you have there. Any hiccups with your 94 rs @ 170k? You can PM me to keep it off this post if you like. Also, one of my favorite colors too.

Steve

My 94 RS has been the best overall bike I have owned in 42 years of riding. Been in the shop twice for issues I didn't want to/have to deal with (warranty). Other than that I have done all the maintenance and updates myself, and I am not a BMW trained tech, not even a trained mechanic. I understand bikes though.

My 76 R100RS (first BMW I've owned) and my 94 R1100RS, at a car show in Appleton WI. Combined miles for the two bikes is now 65,000 (76) and 170,000 (94) for 235,000 miles of smiles!

Funny. I own the same 2 bikes. I guess great minds think alike.
:)
I don't have any decent pics of either right now, though. I'll take some in the spring.

I love the newer Beemers, but I can't imagine them ever coming up with a better looking bike than an R100......simple....classic.....unforgetable!

2004 R1150RS almost stock- before complete black out treatment, only windscreen, foot pegs and front turn signals.

R1150RSA.jpg

After-smoke tinted Canadian windscreen, clear turn signals smoke tinted, black powder coat on foot pegs, rims, driveshaft housing, black painted forks, and final drive.

IMG_0227.jpg

Just trolling through the oilhead pics and came across this one: NICE! Probably nicest RS oilhead I've ever seen.

I've owned an Airhead RS 82, and an Oilhead RS 99 wish I still had them both :cry particularly my O/head. Must have experienced one of those crainial rectal inversions when I let it go. I did so cause the seating position was getting to me, even with bar risers.

I now have an 04 Roadster and an 02 LT Like'em both but miss my RS.

Back