• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

i made that comment for a few basic reasons (along with a few related thoughts):
1) video really should have gone into its own thread, rather than "post a pic".
2) as an "artist" (Kerry did label it as "artsy stuff", so he recognized the art aspect of it), one should recognize what is your better quality stuff worth presenting, and what does not quite rise to the level of public presentation. imo, this did not make the grade. and i think that his posted comment of "Various unused clips from past rides slapped together for fun" is an acknowleddgement on his part that these were "cutting room floor" items. otherwise, they would have already been used, rather than "unused."
3) artists need to be able to handle critical judgements of their work, just as any of us needs to be able to accept constructive criticism of our work/articstic efforts. always playing "nice", and everybody gushing positively about everything presented does not lead to superior efforts. it just lowers the bar of what is "quality". Granted, i offered no "constructive" to my criticism- so here goes: self-indulgent subject matter, sound track overriding what might have been the sweet sounds of the bikes, intersting camera angles- for about 19.5 seconds, then it gets old and boring. i think his vid quality and interest in different angles and "subjects" of the ride were all positive. just not a full 3 minutes worth. maybe blending that stuff in to some additional footage, and Kerry could have something much stronger. Compare this effort to the BMW sponsored R90S clips shot in the Alps that were available a while ago.
4) ya'll have your opinions, and are free to express them. I have mine, and will do so as well.
5) if i had personally attacked Kerry, THAT would have been time out worthy. my guess is that he can probably produce some really good stuff. i did not think this was it.
6) next time, i wil be sure to include photo of my tongue, pushing thru my cheek. its all good.

Well I am not an artist just a motorcyclist and for what it's worth .... I liked it! :thumb

Feedback

"i made that comment for a few basic reasons (along with a few related thoughts)"
Bikerfish,
No worries.
I would be prepared to argue some of the finer points of the video, albeit, not in this forum.
The two things that you hit the nail on the head with though:
First-Since you are the target audience, any feedback that you provide, positive or critical is very important, and does serve to (hopefully) improve the quality of the videos. When one sends an item like that into the black hole of the internet, it helps to know what the community thinks of it...good, bad or indifferent.
Secondly (and more importantly)- You are absolutly entitled (as we all are), to both have and express your opinion. For my part, I appreciate your sharing it.
Thanks, and ride safe.
R/
Kerry

my trip to Missula Montana 2010

look at the colors and imagine the fun:violin

Attachments

• IMG_2598.jpg
    IMG_2598.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 532
Last edited:
starting out from Las Vegas w2002 RT

Just bought my new used bike in October -- sweating in the 80 degree heat, not just from the heat! 1,200+ miles to get home...

Attachments

• Resize of DSCN0177.jpg
    Resize of DSCN0177.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 471
after I made it home

Safely home after 4 days of mostly good weather. Bike now sans luggage, in semi-sport bike mode.

Attachments

• Resize of DSCN0396.jpg
    Resize of DSCN0396.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 472
Las Cruces sounds much sunnier now!

gporterie , You are gonna love it ! I have one just like it that I just bought as well.
You gotta love the 6 speed.
Mike

Thanks Mike. Yes, the 6 speed was great going up and down mountain passes. Also, with the RT's torque, even in 6th, I could roll on from 50 up to a good "passing speed" in 3 to 6 seconds.

Las Cruces sounds much sunnier, warmer and drier than here right now -- so I'll keep working on my 24k maintenance...

Gaston

Thanks Mike. Yes, the 6 speed was great going up and down mountain passes. Also, with the RT's torque, even in 6th, I could roll on from 50 up to a good "passing speed" in 3 to 6 seconds.

Las Cruces sounds much sunnier, warmer and drier than here right now -- so I'll keep working on my 24k maintenance...

Gaston

Yep it will be near 70* today and no wind but we are stuck with 2 sick grandkids.
Thanks , Mike

New To Me Y2K RT

First day heading home from Raleigh NC to Vancouver BC on the Tail of the Dragon
Dragon12010.jpg

Ah yes, the Falling Leaf Rally. Beautiful weather this year. Here's our campsite with my 10-yr-old son by my RS. He's a good passenger and we ride dirt bikes together. Good times!

FallingLeaf1.jpg

Great Rally.I believe my tent was right near yours.

Attachments

• IMG00080-20101008-1829.jpg
    IMG00080-20101008-1829.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 611
Great Rally.I believe my tent was right near yours.
Heh, yep! We were obviously nearby. Don't know if I'll make it to the Falling Leaf this year--my daughter gets married the next weekend. Maybe I can sneak off to the rally on Saturday for a few hours.

Here's my '04. Photo by Bryan Buongiorno, the previous owner.

Attachments

• 04_BMW_R1150RT_3.jpg
    04_BMW_R1150RT_3.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 483
Back