• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

That's a beautiful GS. And what a great state for riding! I love Colorado.

Thanks. You are right it's a great place to ride. It was in the 50's here Monday. I had to ride, a shot of the Coors Factory from Lookout Mountain (Golden, CO)...

Attachments

• PC260122.jpg
    PC260122.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 492
Thanks. You are right it's a great place to ride. It was in the 50's here Monday. I had to ride, a shot of the Coors Factory from Lookout Mountain (Golden, CO)...

Heh, I've got those same hand guards on my RS for the winter. They cut the cold wind quite a bit.

Thank you Jim. It took 4 years to slowly make it mine; but this is what we do with our bikes.
best regards, happy new year.
Mark

my '95

1100I.jpg

My '95 R1100GS...waiting for spring:wave:wave

I'll join in!

This is my '04 R1150RT, taken today. It only got up to 38, but I had to ride! BRRR!

Attachments

• R1150RT.jpg
    R1150RT.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 578
Nice and Welcome as well but I gotta say you are not a real man if you didn't go skinny dippin!!!:stick

I'll be taking care of just that when I ride up to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska this summer. Polar Bear Club here I come! :D

i made that comment for a few basic reasons (along with a few related thoughts):
1) video really should have gone into its own thread, rather than "post a pic".
2) as an "artist" (Kerry did label it as "artsy stuff", so he recognized the art aspect of it), one should recognize what is your better quality stuff worth presenting, and what does not quite rise to the level of public presentation. imo, this did not make the grade. and i think that his posted comment of "Various unused clips from past rides slapped together for fun" is an acknowleddgement on his part that these were "cutting room floor" items. otherwise, they would have already been used, rather than "unused."
3) artists need to be able to handle critical judgements of their work, just as any of us needs to be able to accept constructive criticism of our work/articstic efforts. always playing "nice", and everybody gushing positively about everything presented does not lead to superior efforts. it just lowers the bar of what is "quality". Granted, i offered no "constructive" to my criticism- so here goes: self-indulgent subject matter, sound track overriding what might have been the sweet sounds of the bikes, intersting camera angles- for about 19.5 seconds, then it gets old and boring. i think his vid quality and interest in different angles and "subjects" of the ride were all positive. just not a full 3 minutes worth. maybe blending that stuff in to some additional footage, and Kerry could have something much stronger. Compare this effort to the BMW sponsored R90S clips shot in the Alps that were available a while ago.
4) ya'll have your opinions, and are free to express them. I have mine, and will do so as well.
5) if i had personally attacked Kerry, THAT would have been time out worthy. my guess is that he can probably produce some really good stuff. i did not think this was it.
6) next time, i wil be sure to include photo of my tongue, pushing thru my cheek. its all good.

Back