• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Beautiful

Now that is one fine Beemer, had to wipe the drool off my chin. Love the wheels! :D :bikes :bow :twirl :jawdrop

Christmas Day ride

Up to Chipinque National Park in Monterrey, M?®xico. 20 km of curves to climb 900 meters (a total of 1,500 m above sea level)

Attachments

• R850R06.JPG
    R850R06.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 716
RT-P on BRP

Here is my converted RT-P at the highest point on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Attachments

• RTP_on_BRP.jpg
    RTP_on_BRP.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 950
It's been about a month since I became the caretaker of my '03 R11S BCR and have been able to personalize it a bit and baseline the maintenance...

- Cee Bailey Touring windscreen on, dark windscreen to the parts box
- Clip-ons back below the triple clamp, Suburban Mach. risers to the parts box
- Throttlemeister bar-ends on, lightweight alloy ones to the parts box
- Oiler cooler ducts blacked-out
- Fenda Extenda on...
- New fluids all around with valve adj & throttle sync. by Zack at the DucShop in Marietta, GA
- New Rick Mayer saddle coming in April

Beautiful BCR, don't think I've ever seen one with the lids color matched blue, a really sharp idea. I have a Gray/Mandarin '04 Prep model and I'm thinking about shopping around for a belly pan and having it painted to match too.

How do you like that Cee Bailey screen? Is it stock height, or did you go a few extra inches? I'm going to do that too, but can't make up my simple mind whether or not to add a little extra height.

BTW, I rode to Rick's shop in September and had him build my custom seat, think the post installation picture I sent him is now in his website gallery. I've owned Corbin, and Sargent, think the RM seat is the best! :D

Cheers, BJ

Buffaloed also...

329704.jpg

I'll see your 40,000 . . .

. . . and raise you another 10,000, Officer - LOL!

Another view of MY oilhead, captured in my garage after a ride a couple of months ago:

472639193_zbNbP-O.jpg

Last edited:
Oilhead Family

My 99 R1100RT with over 130k miles on it, and previous 1976 R90/6 and 1997 R1100RT together. Pretty sweet.

Jerry
Madison WI

Cold in Wi.? Not here in ND, it's a balmy 72, great weather for taking pics! :ha
Actually I probably could have rode today, temp made it up to 40 but so did the wind. It was so cold here last week though that I just couldn't stand seeing my baby setting out in that cold garage so I had to try and see how hard it was to get through the door (36")....not bad at all actually, just had to wiggle the bars through a little. No, I'm not married. :brow

Barry
ye36qv.jpg

Good thing its not a Harley .I hear they are tough to house break .:bolt

Thats great Barry, keep her inside,

I went on a trip last August and brought mine into my hotel room, no problem getting her in but when I left in the morning I was chased by one of the maids, she was pissed, yelling the whole time, "you can't bring motorcycle in room" over and over. I laughed all the way out the parking lot.

Wade

Thats great Barry, keep her inside,

I went on a trip last August and brought mine into my hotel room, no problem getting her in but when I left in the morning I was chased by one of the maids, she was pissed, yelling the whole time, "you can't bring motorcycle in room" over and over. I laughed all the way out the parking lot.

Wade

It is probably against the law. A gasoline vehicle in a closed area could lead to a fire or at least contribute to accellerating a fire. If someone died you would probably be charged with Manslaughter.

2001 R1150gs

My well worn 2001 R1150GS at the Kazakh version of the Grand Canyon, near the Chinese border. When she and I departed on the trip, she had 103,000 miles on her. When we got home, she had 125,000 miles and 21 new countries under her saddle. I love my GS.

kazakh.jpg

That is so freakin cool, I wish I had the time and finacial freedom to do that.

you da man

Wade

That is so freakin cool, I wish I had the time and finacial freedom to do that.
Wade

Wade, all I can say is dreams don't happen unless you set goals and work towards them. 22 years ago I joined the MOA and an overnight/weekend ride to a BMW rally was a true adventure. Over the years the distance and time away grew, I learned to travel cheaply, and gained more confidence. A lot of that came from meeting other/more experienced riders at BMW rallies, and listening to their stories.

In 2003 I retired, the kids were out of the house, no-one was in college, our folks were healthy, and I had the world's most loving and understanding wife. The perfect scenario. Traveling by MC doesn't have to be expensive. Teresa and I have ridden all over Europe two-up and averaged under $100 a day. It can be done.

I wish you a great adventure on every ride. The MOA has been the gateway to my riding dreams for years.

jeff

Jeff , While I am not and could not be a world traveler , I so enjoyed the China journals and all accounts of the trip. The photographs are supurb.
I will likely go back and look at all of them over and over. Also sorry for your loss.
Thanks for posting.
Mike

Jeff , While I am not and could not be a world traveler , I so enjoyed the China journals and all accounts of the trip. The photographs are supurb.
I will likely go back and look at all of them over and over. Also sorry for your loss.
Thanks for posting.
Mike

Thank you Mike. Praise from fellow riders is as high as it can get. Sharing the joy of traveling is one thing that has kept me going thru many a hard time.

One of these days I might post a Ride story here on the MOA forum too. I've been wanting to do that, but I think I need to go back and finish the last portion of the world trip first. Don't know if I can do it yet, even though it's been over a year and a half. It is really hard to go back to that moment in time.

jeff

Back