Page 29 of 161 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Thread: Post a picture of your oilhead

Podzo

Big GS's

Big GS.jpg
    Again the GS on a pass in the Sawatch Mtn. Range of Colorado

1024JLC

02 - R1150rs

Bought my '02 R1150RS from a friend about 1-1/2 years ago with 4004 miles on it; flew to Ft. lauderdale from Delaware to pick it up and ride it home, to date I now have 16,800 trouble free miles on her. I made one trip to Michigan and back last summer, the rest are all daily commuting miles, and various weekend jaunts through the Pennsylvania countryside.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarider View Post
    Here's mine...not sure if we're going to have a long term relationship though...
    So have you decided yet?
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

配管工

Oilhead Pics

yellowstone 2005

swilson143
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerfish1100 View Post
    nice headturn for the box there Scotty. a little more hip shift and you'll be nailing the 20ft with room to spare!!
    20 foot? As in a 20 foot circle? The box I was doing that turn in was only 16 feet wide... and I do it in about 14 feet

More photos here http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthread...e/0#Post849857

i was thinking you were using MSF dimensions, which would be 28' wide (ERC), 24' wide (BRC practice/ERC license waiver) or 20' wide (BRC test). If you're cranking that puppy around inside a 14-16 wide area, you are damn good
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

Quote Originally Posted by swilson143 View Post
    20 foot? As in a 20 foot circle? The box I was doing that turn in was only 16 feet wide... and I do it in about 14 feet

More photos here http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthread...e/0#Post849857
    I did the MSF advanced class recently on a R instead of my RT...the instructor asked me to use the LARGER box instead of the small one...his Wing,a Ninja, a Cruiser and a Ducati were having issues with my tight circles cause they couldn't I was having a blast...I think the RT could have done it too but I complied...kinda
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    I did the MSF advanced class recently on a R instead of my RT...the instructor asked me to use the LARGER box instead of the small one...his Wing,a Ninja, a Cruiser and a Ducati were having issues with my tight circles cause they couldn't I was having a blast...I think the RT could have done it too but I complied...kinda
    The RT can do it. I have turned the RT to lock and done circles. I can't do that on a K12S though. Something about the longer bars. More control...balance...or something.
    BMWMotorcycles, fun when they're running...
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

swilson143
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerfish1100 View Post
    i was thinking you were using MSF dimensions, which would be 28' wide (ERC), 24' wide (BRC practice/ERC license waiver) or 20' wide (BRC test). If you're cranking that puppy around inside a 14-16 wide area, you are damn good
    Thanks! Hey... what does ERC and BRC stand for? I'm still learning the terminology around here. Would you believe I got on a bike for the FIRST time 6 months ago? I interviewed for and got a motor officer position at work. Guess I was meant to ride a bike, 'cause I took right to it. Gotta give my trainers credit... they taught me well.

Registered User ALIENHITCHHIKER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarider View Post
    Here's mine...not sure if we're going to have a long term relationship though...
    Will you dump her or will she dump you?
    Steve
    Current Hottie: '00 R1100RT
    Old Flames: FY K100RT, '80 XS850 with Vetter Quicksilver, '67 Bonnie, '66 Honda 90

Beginning Rider's Course.
    Experienced Rider's Course.

I think

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swilson143 View Post
    Thanks! Hey... what does ERC and BRC stand for? I'm still learning the terminology around here. Would you believe I got on a bike for the FIRST time 6 months ago? I interviewed for and got a motor officer position at work. Guess I was meant to ride a bike, 'cause I took right to it. Gotta give my trainers credit... they taught me well.
    The ERC and BRC are curriculum of the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. The ERC is the Experienced Rider Course and the BRC is the Beginner Rider Course. I however refer to it as the Brave Rider Course cause it is typically a little scary to walk into one of those classes and admit you know nothing.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

wsteinborn
    My new "leftover" 2006 RT:

Quote Originally Posted by wsteinborn View Post
    My new "leftover" 2006 RT:

I love that colour.

So why do I keep buying blue bikes????
    Robert
    2010 Suzuki GSX1250SEA
    ÔÇ£If you get in too far over your head, remember - full throttle and make it spectacular!ÔÇØ http://www.yearroundriders.com

Barney Gets a Bullet

Here is my new-to-me R1100RT-P, my first venture into the world of oilheads.....

There's a New Sheriff in town ... you're in a heap o' trouble boy!