Page 24 of 161 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread: Post a picture of your oilhead

Quote Originally Posted by CTHalk View Post
    another good side.
    If you ever decide to replace the shocks, drop me a line, the front one is a Beast on this unit. Have you noticed fewer people pulling out in front of you yet?
    Last edited by Djstephens; 01-06-2007 at 02:55 PM.

CTHalk

Shocking

I notice that people do look twice at the bike, and I can see them thinking.... If I get behind somebody, they often tend to slow down. There aren't too many RTP's in use in CT by PD's that I know about. There are some in Meriden. I think the black and white scheme and the lights just say "police" to a lot of people. It seems to intimidate more than my Kawasaki KZ1000P police bike. That one seems to deliver more of a "Barney Fife" vibe!!

So far, the shocks seem pretty efficient. I haven't experienced anything yet that has given them any trouble. After replacing the transmission, the front shock might be 'easier'...... unless there are surprises I don't know about. Did you replace yours? If so, why, and with what? Regards, Hal

I notice that people do look twice at the bike, and I can see them thinking.... If I get behind somebody, they often tend to slow down. There aren't too many RTP's in use in CT by PD's that I know about. There are some in Meriden. I think the black and white scheme and the lights just say "police" to a lot of people. It seems to intimidate more than my Kawasaki KZ1000P police bike. That one seems to deliver more of a "Barney Fife" vibe!!

So far, the shocks seem pretty efficient. I haven't experienced anything yet that has given them any trouble. After replacing the transmission, the front shock might be 'easier'...... unless there are surprises I don't know about. Did you replace yours? If so, why, and with what? Regards, Hal
    if Meriden is using them, that is new within the last 2 years. Middletown began using them about 4 yrs ago, and they love 'em!
    FWIW- i had someone pull over to let me by the other day. i was on my KLR, with modulating headlight.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

Yeah I wanted to upgrade for a trailer I was pulling. The front shock is difficult to get out due to the extra subframe for the front crash bars. Here's the link if you are interested.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=13302

New ohlins will fit, but just barely. It was well worth it for the ride quality too.

CTHalk

Built like a Panzer tank!

Wow! I didn't realize all of that bracing under the plastic was specific to the RT-P! I'm glad mine seems to handle and ride very well, I sure don't want to tackle changing the front shock. I just want to ride for now. I copied your pic for future reference though..... cause you just never know!H.

My wife took this picture of me as we rode on the ferry to the '06 rally
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow! I didn't realize all of that bracing under the plastic was specific to the RT-P! I'm glad mine seems to handle and ride very well, I sure don't want to tackle changing the front shock. I just want to ride for now. I copied your pic for future reference though..... cause you just never know!H.
    It's not as bad as the tranny swap, I'm sure it would be pretty straight forward for you.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

Fort Collins, Colorado and Cheyenne, Wyoming

My Oilhead RR

Here she is sans touring bags, etc. Stipped down and ready for a ride through Colorado's canyons.

2002 R1150GS
    MOA #104910, Twisted Shaft Motorcycle Club #241

i don't think you took that pic too recently, Doug my man.
    going thru bike withdrawals- a long 2 weeks since the KLR saw any movement, and it was the weekend before the first blizz that the S went out.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

Fort Collins, Colorado and Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerfish1100 View Post
    i don't think you took that pic too recently, Doug my man.
    going thru bike withdrawals- a long 2 weeks since the KLR saw any movement, and it was the weekend before the first blizz that the S went out.
    That is my picture of what I WISH Colorado weather looked like. The RR is ready to go (even got a new sheepskin seat cover), I just could not get past my driveway. I may have to fly somewhere warm and rent a bike

Joe, you may have to change your sig location. Banana Belt no more.

2002 R1150GS
    MOA #104910, Twisted Shaft Motorcycle Club #241

currently longing for some warmer days...
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

On a Ride
    Joe, I hear you!

My R1200S

Just got it...and 1,100 miles later, I say, I love it!

94 R1100rs

1994 R1100RSR 1100.JPG

Registered User ALIENHITCHHIKER's Avatar
    patiodadio,

sweet

(I like yellow - it's so mellow)
    Steve
    Current Hottie: '00 R1100RT
    Old Flames: FY K100RT, '80 XS850 with Vetter Quicksilver, '67 Bonnie, '66 Honda 90