• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Sarge - I like that shade of green. :thumb

Ties with black for my favorite RT color. Mine's opal blue - go figure.

Vintage oilheads (aka 1100s) rock!!!

What's with the no snow Robert? It's not June in Edmonton yet. :laugh

Have fun with your new wheels. What's your wife going to ride now?

Rinty

Tried to snow in the city today. Actually, it did but none stayed on the roads.

What's my wife going to ride? Pillion. She decided that riding her own bike is not what she wants to do right now. Once I get used to the EVO brakes, we'll go for a spin and see how she likes it. She did not like the passenger seat on the RT. The CL seems to have a better passenger seating position.

Robert,
All I can say is . . . large! Wow, that's a lot of bike. If you are going to do a lot of two up riding though, that is the way to go.

Enjoy!

I couldn't help myself yesterday...an 03 R with 800 miles YES...800!!!still smells new!! have to change my sig line until I sell the RED one

Attachments

• P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 828
We all wish we could find used bikes with only 800 miles on them. Way to go, Henzilla!

There is a '03 or '04 R1150RS (if I recall correctly) on eBay right now, with only 500 miles on the odo. Purchased and parked. Located in NJ.

I take this back. It's gone now. Done know if the guy pulled it or if the auction ended. It's fun to look for these gems.

Last edited:
Backpack....I have to say you are color matched. I bet you went out of your way to find that backpack and jacket. Oh Nice bike by the way.

The backpack was purchased to match the RT I owned and rode last year. The jacket was a 1/2 price deal at a non-BMW dealer. I actually liked the red jacket that was on the same rack but they didn't have it in my size.

Got the side and top cases for my new GSA:
gsa1-sm.jpg

Golden hour in Chesterfield County VA.

Took a great short solo ride after work Friday. Stopped and took a couple pics just before the sun went down. Good to have the R850R back.

Attachments

• 8504.jpg
    8504.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 981
my 2007 r1200s

New to the MOA and BMW's, love the bike thus far

Attachments

• IMG_0055 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0055 (Small).JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 963
Here's mine...not sure if we're going to have a long term relationship though...

Attachments

• DSC02786 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02786 (Medium).JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 976
yeah, do tell? nice GS anyways...and the Smurffmobile behind it

I had another " can't pass this up" moment last week... The one on the right is an '03 with 800 miles!!! Since the GF's 1100 is on the rack getting a new clutch, she has taken the middle one . I am going to sell red and find a GS. She is getting a f650 Tuesday( And I hope to be riding it to work by Friday!)

Attachments

• P1010022.JPG
    P1010022.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 978
Gs 1999

Fully touring-loaded GS. Got the Givi Top case & Oxford 1 tank bag this spring. Still rides great.

Attachments

• DSCN1719.jpg
    DSCN1719.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 909
Back