• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a picture of your Oilhead

I've always liked those bikes. :thumb
I had to laugh when I read this. When I found this one for sale I started reading up on the Rockster and distinctly got the impression that at the time it came out many of the brand "purists" adamantly didn't like it. From what I've been reading it seems like it's now more popular than it was when it was new. Whatever... I really like it. Once I find a lower seat that goes better w/ my 30" inseam I'll be able to call it almost perfect.

I had to laugh when I read this. When I found this one for sale I started reading up on the Rockster and distinctly got the impression that at the time it came out many of the brand "purists" adamantly didn't like it. From what I've been reading it seems like it's now more popular than it was when it was new. Whatever... I really like it. Once I find a lower seat that goes better w/ my 30" inseam I'll be able to call it almost perfect.

"Seasoned" BMW riders tend to believe that the bike(s) they have been riding are the best of the lot and anything newer just can't be right. We saw it with the classic K bikes. The with the upright 4 cylinder K1200. The R1200C was denigrated. Just when folks began to like the R1100RS and RT along came the 1150 Rockster version of the R1150R. Of course BMW was nuts to have chain drive F bikes. And what is this nonsense about 1000RR and XR bikes. Of course the R18 is a mistake, ad nauseum.

Thanks BC

One of my fondest memories from the late 70's was a trip a bunch of rag tag guys on multiple brands but BMW mostly set out from the East SF bay area with a goal to reach Banff and Lake Louise as heat waves were turning to rain in BC. I am going to butcher spelling here but the Okanagan valley and your incredible mountain ranges rising up from valley floors were amazing. We camped and motel stopped too. Hot springs and beer places were awesome. When this pandemic is controlled a couple of us are going to try and repeat the feat. FYI the honda guys gave up early and went home daunted by a little snow. LOL

One of my fondest memories from the late 70's was a trip a bunch of rag tag guys on multiple brands but BMW mostly set out from the East SF bay area with a goal to reach Banff and Lake Louise as heat waves were turning to rain in BC. I am going to butcher spelling here but the Okanagan valley and your incredible mountain ranges rising up from valley floors were amazing. We camped and motel stopped too. Hot springs and beer places were awesome. When this pandemic is controlled a couple of us are going to try and repeat the feat. FYI the honda guys gave up early and went home daunted by a little snow. LOL

You may find its changed a little in the past 40 years :D. We look forward to the border opening and again welcoming our American friends.

By the way, your spelling was correct. :thumb

Back