• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

02? 03? 04?
Where in general you located....?

I'm looking at my profile, one that I set up back in 2011 and see that everything is gone including my post count. I'm glad you asked because I would not have noticed that every piece of info was scrubbed. No picture, no signature...woe is me.

850R Scrambler

My own little time and money pit "Rough Draft", not quite finished draining the wallet or time clock on this project.

Attachments

• IMG_0674 (1280x960).jpg
    IMG_0674 (1280x960).jpg
    97 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0675 (1280x960).jpg
    IMG_0675 (1280x960).jpg
    91 KB · Views: 275
My own little time and money pit "Rough Draft", not quite finished draining the wallet or time clock on this project.

Cool, I like the scrambler concept. I want to build an airhead touring scrambler. A bike I can ride anywhere, anytime, anyplace. Rough and Ready like Rough Draft. Good job. :thumb

Cherry Blossoms and Beemer in Door County WI

I am fortunate to have this beautiful setting close by- in Door County, Wisconsin. 2002 R1150RT...

Attachments

• Cherries and Beemer.jpg
    Cherries and Beemer.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 381
an old airhead

Hi Guys, an old airhead riding an oil head and my son Mark with my good old r100s ,a good week end in Pennsylvania bike gearbox much better shimmed the input shaft tortion spring,but not enough so will install pre 1996 type shaft , but liking the bike more and more, its effortless ,as my son Mark describes it ,bye for now Jimmy:thumb

Attachments

• marks day out 008.jpg
    marks day out 008.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:
Taking advantage of some nice weekend weather. 2004 R1150RT.

IMG_7909-L.jpg

Somewhere in NM

Attempting to add a photo. Pardon the newb.

Michelle on her '00 R11R. From this distance, the '95 Roadcrafter doesn't look too bad!

M_NM.jpg

Near Welton, Az

Hey, it worked!

Here is a better picture of the bike. Wudo fairing painted to match the color scheme of the bike. Sargent saddle custom built on a R11R seat pan to narrow the saddle as much as possible. Michelle is 5'1". Other additions are Motolights and GS hand covers. When she got the bike in 2000, we referred to it a 'elephantino' - a derogatory reference to bicycle racer Marco Pantani - kind of like Dumbo the elephant (big ears).

The picture was really of the windmill blades being transported on I8 (in the background).

M_Yuma.jpg

Nice photos, thanks for posting. Always glad to see that another "vertically challenged" rider has found something that fits!

Even though she has ridden that R11R across in most of the US states and Canadian Provences, I have to admit that it was never a comfortable fit for her. She liked the power/brakes/stability on the highway but it was too much at slow speeds. She had trouble deploying the side stand herself and that really made it no fun. She also had difficulty shifting - finally fixed with Suburban Machinery peg lowering (not for the lowering - but it moved the peg closer to the shifter)

Now she has 'the' bike for her: an F800ST, factory lowered, custom seat, bar-backs.

The R11R is now being ridden by her nephew, who has the original seat at it's highest position!

Both bikes will be at the RA rally. F800 will be at the MOA.

I have an R11S that I've had since the mid-2000's. Now to find some pictures of that...

Went looking for a picture of my R11S and didn't find anything interesting but I did find a picture that I took for a friend after he started putting 2 and 2 together during a conversation and asked: "what does your garage look like, anyway".

You can probably identify the oilhead. Under the blue sheet is a R90/6. Note that bike mentioned above is not in this picture (along with a K75). I love bikes.

I hope some of you can relate.

Mess.jpg

Meet Marley. I picked her up yesterday in Austin. Too good of a deal to pass up She's had a obsessed prevoius owner who took care of her. He painted her black. So far so good. Only 40k miles on her clock. I sold my K1600 last year but now I'm back to BMW ownership.
1f8d587596a1f03ce94e59efcb6eb540.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Well the picture is about 1 year old and I’m sure some of you have seen my bike before, but in case you haven’t....here’s another look.
5cb5cdb93d73857ab5b545ccc623eef2.jpg
2458a87224c238dbd0cfd65bd0ea02a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back